Author Topic: Mk7 GTI PP. first VW in 20 years  (Read 914 times)

Offline GTI-PP-TWD

• Just got here
Mk7 GTI PP. first VW in 20 years
« on: 07 March 2023, 22:25 »
Hey all. My name is mark

Just before Xmas I bought my 2014 GTI PP. I absolutely love it. I have been a Ford man for 20 or so years. My last 2 VW Were a mk1 golf. And a mk2 GTI.

My golf is my daily because I love driving it so much. I also have a mk7 fiesta ST180.

I have had the golf mapped but not a full stage 1 as on original clutch. Also had a res delete done. I only really plan to upgrade the oem stuff like head u it to newer version etc. not interested in mutilating it lol. Car is on 75k miles with full VW service history

Offline GTI-PP-TWD

• Just got here
Re: Mk7 GTI PP. first VW in 20 years
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2023, 22:28 »

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2023, 22:38 »
Looking great there Mark :smiley: Correct door count and gearbox too!

I'd highly recommend an Audi short shift, totally OEM and a nice improvement that's easy to fit and not expensive. The other thing I'd suggest is a pedal box. They take out the delay in the response of the loud pedal and bring the car alive.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Tractor Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 09 March 2023, 08:04 »
Very nice. I do like a white GTI  :cool:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2023, 18:03 »
Welcome Mark, a very nice GTI you have there, not too dissimilar to one I used to have (white 3 door manual PP) which is a great blend.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline GTI-PP-TWD

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 10 March 2023, 22:33 »
Looking great there Mark :smiley: Correct door count and gearbox too!

I'd highly recommend an Audi short shift, totally OEM and a nice improvement that's easy to fit and not expensive. The other thing I'd suggest is a pedal box. They take out the delay in the response of the loud pedal and bring the car alive.

Thanks buddy. They have been added to my list 👌🏻. And answered a query I was going to post about improving the throttle response. It’s my only gripe about the car.

I want to keep her as oem as possible. But don’t mind things that improve drive ability. I honestly love driving it. I test drove a mk 7.5 R DSG the same day I bought the GTI  it was lovely but in my opinion just a bit boring. I like the way the GTI wants to bite back so to speak. So much more of a drivers car.

I will upload some more pics soon.

Thanks for the welcome guys