Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 427140 times)

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Re: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO
« Reply #2090 on: 05 October 2011, 20:36 »
Air ride is sh!t brad, been in a few cars now with it, if you are going to be a show car whore and leave it in a garage do it, if you want to drive the car proper and corner well dont touch it,

Air ride is made for wagons, buses and disabled people carrierso

I know one lad who had it and drove his car as a daily kept splitting the bags and had to get recovered

I would go for this, better road handling

KW HLS

HLS is available in two different versions: HLS 2 which is fitted to the front axle and HLS 4 which can be attached to the front and rear axle and allows lifting the entire vehicle. The hydraulic cylinder unit is located on the coilover body between spring perch and spring. Depending on the car type and model, KW HLS is either available as a vehicle-specific solution or as a conversion kit for KW or OEM coilover kits. Allows cars with low ground clearance to clear obstacles more easily
Available as complete kit including KW coilover kit or as conversion kit
Fast lifting - maximum lift occurs within 4 to 5 seconds when using HLS 2

Fit decent bags and they dont split. Or they split because they are rubbing somewhere.
As for handling sh!t seen a few cars with air go around tracks and they where fine. And everyone who's gone from collies to air has said there is next to no difference in the handling or ride.

Oh and that kit is over £2k for the front shocks only :lipsrsealed:

Bargain  :grin:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline CCGTI

• I live here
  • Fueled Society
« Reply #2091 on: 06 October 2011, 14:54 »
if you want to go out in a car with air, will give my mate cliffy a shout see if he still has his car on air, ITS sh!t :sick: you will notice it with out a doubt

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #2092 on: 06 October 2011, 17:41 »
If you're going air go top quality stuff only. Even if you are doing a homebrew build use only the best shocks, bags, compressors, lines etc. Cheap air is like cheap coils, utter sh!te.
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2093 on: 06 October 2011, 17:56 »
ill have to see, not sure which way ill go. really want big turbo next and to modify my Gearbox to suit

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline CCGTI

• I live here
  • Fueled Society
« Reply #2094 on: 06 October 2011, 17:58 »
best air ride system to are going to get a rayvern hydraulics, http://www.rayvernhydraulics.com/products/ been around the longest, leave your car with them for 7 days and they will get it sitting how you want it, price wise £4k+ easy, still think its GAY for a daily car

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2095 on: 06 October 2011, 18:12 »
best air ride system to are going to get a rayvern hydraulics, http://www.rayvernhydraulics.com/products/ been around the longest, leave your car with them for 7 days and they will get it sitting how you want it, price wise £4k+ easy, still think its GAY for a daily car

the said 2.5k to me mate..

Anyhow,

other news, this weekend ill be taking off my Sump, as it is leaking at the join slightly. probably due to me grounding out

Been to audi, got the sealant needed, new screws, sump plug and a few seals for the oil pick up pipe and a new Oil Pick up pipe (may swell swap this out whilst its all in bits)

also bought new half moon seal for the cam cover as these are well known in the S3 / LCR world for shrinking due to heat and leaking oil. Also bought a new cam cover gasket while I'm at it. lastly bought a spare cam cover and iv painted it black today to match my gearbox and a few other parts so i can whip this on at the same time

started out like this:

Now looking like this:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline CCGTI

• I live here
  • Fueled Society
« Reply #2096 on: 06 October 2011, 18:15 »
looking clean

prices have dropped since last year then mate, i contacted them last june for my passat estate

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2097 on: 06 October 2011, 18:16 »
Id fit it myself anyhow if i went down that route, bollox to leaving the car with anyone unless i really, really, really trust them

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline CCGTI

• I live here
  • Fueled Society
« Reply #2098 on: 06 October 2011, 18:50 »
Id fit it myself anyhow if i went down that route, bollox to leaving the car with anyone unless i really, really, really trust them

I would rather leave it with someone, got to trust someone

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2099 on: 06 October 2011, 19:59 »
Did someone just day Rayvern Air is the best?