Author Topic: Replacement clutch costs fitted?  (Read 1217 times)

Offline joe6

• I live here
Replacement clutch costs fitted?
« on: 29 September 2021, 18:02 »
Just been quoted £1100 to replace dmf, clutch plate and release bearing. All oem parts. Does this seem reasonable?
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline doberman19

• Not said much yet
Re: Replacement clutch costs fitted?
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2021, 19:52 »
It does sound reasonable if the DMF is also being replaced, and it's VW that's doing the job,
Perhaps you should shop around, but it isn't a cheap job, I bought a complete clutch a couple of years ago and that was the best part of 500 quid, and then you have to find someone to fit it.

Offline Borbus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2021, 09:29 »
If you're in the right area and have a driveway I can recommend this mobile mechanic: https://www.williamsmobileclutch.co.uk/ He has a Youtube channel with all his work here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFbTVnY1UsqChkPBs7zdWg

I paid about £750 and he did the whole job in less than a day. Got full Sachs kit, both clutch kit and DMF. A garage/stealers would probably keep your car for multiple days and tut a lot about doing a clutch.
« Last Edit: 08 October 2021, 09:33 by Borbus »
2010 Mk6 GTI

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2021, 19:31 »
Thanks for the heads up Borbus. Looking at locations where they have fitted clutches, I may be a bit too far north. Might have to go to my local vw independent who has a good reputation cheaper than stealers but not that cheap.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.