Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626924 times)

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #510 on: 30 May 2013, 21:26 »
I've just finished putting my car back together after dismantling the factory airbox and removing the intake pipe,only to realise pipercross have sent the intake for a Audi TT-RS

2010 Silver Golf GTi 5 Door, Poverty spec wheels, RCD510 Bluetooth and DAB, Pagid Discs and Tarox Strada Pads

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #511 on: 30 May 2013, 21:33 »
I've just finished putting my car back together after dismantling the factory airbox and removing the intake pipe,only to realise pipercross have sent the intake for a Audi TT-RS

Got to laugh....as it happened to me before. I always check the box every time now..... :smug:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #512 on: 30 May 2013, 21:41 »

Got to laugh....as it happened to me before. I always check the box every time now..... :smug:

Yeah I will definitely be checking when the replacement arrives, it didn't even come with instructions  :cry:
2010 Silver Golf GTi 5 Door, Poverty spec wheels, RCD510 Bluetooth and DAB, Pagid Discs and Tarox Strada Pads

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #513 on: 30 May 2013, 21:52 »

D'oh!  :angry:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #514 on: 30 May 2013, 21:53 »
Got someone with Vagcom to sort my reveraing camera out! Hooray!

Just need the bluetooth sorting now  :cry:

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #515 on: 30 May 2013, 23:34 »
Quick pic!

:smiley:

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #516 on: 31 May 2013, 06:17 »
im at blyton in a couple of weeks on my clio

Fridat 7th June is the one i'm going to is with LVS from Lincoln, Deep Shine Detailing has got a stand there and wants to put my car on, (it maybe on the stand allday if i dont get it fixed now  :sad:) Revo, Forge and a few others are there aswell,
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,64999.0.html

Track was at croft today
8 laps later clouds of blue/white smoke when on boost  :sad:
I think K04 is easiest option as the Revo software will run it ?
Bigger turbos or hybrids not sure if software is available ?
Got a couple of numbers to call in morning for some advice  :smiley:
Only got 2 weeks to sort it as booked on at Blyton lol

Agreed k04 woud seem sensible choice, good luck and be interesting to hear your feedback once sorted  :evil:

Yes i think that will be the route i will be going, will keep ya informed  :smiley:

I had my turbo checked out yesterday and all looks fine, by the look of it there is a build up of oil in the intake pipes cooler etc, so the mechanic thinks the smoke is down to that, got a forge catch can on order now so they can remove the pcv system and keep the intake system oil free  :smiley:
Will see if this sorts it out ?
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #517 on: 31 May 2013, 15:33 »
popped over to AKS Tuning for Alex to do a few bits on the car including, ride height tweaks, arch liner mod to the front wings, and to fit these

also took it to have a look at a mk7 GTI in Bedford which is a really nice car and my wife needs one in her life

Offline pryda

• Here all the time
« Reply #518 on: 31 May 2013, 15:43 »
popped over to AKS Tuning for Alex to do a few bits on the car including, ride height tweaks, arch liner mod to the front wings, and to fit these

also took it to have a look at a mk7 GTI in Bedford which is a really nice car and my wife needs one in her life

what size discs are those mate? does the ed35 run 312s the same as the gti? or are they the same size as the R20.

2009 MK6 GTi, Candy White 3dr, Stage 1 Revo, Milltek cat back, H&R SuperSport, RNS510, OSRAM kit

Unphased - NorthWest German/VAG/Retro Meet
Every 3rd Thursday Of The Month
http://www.un-phased.co.uk/

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #519 on: 31 May 2013, 15:50 »
the 35 has stock 312mm, AP kit runs 330 with 4 pot callipers, nice balance for the car and doesn't feel over braked, the stock watkins glens are a nightmare and need a 3mm spacer on these so some 8mm hubcentrics going to be ordered