Author Topic: Windscreen Repair  (Read 778 times)

Offline RedHP

• I live here
Windscreen Repair
« on: 27 November 2012, 19:04 »
Having had a small crack in my windscreen, one which would not affect any MOT's as is very low on the drivers side, I called Admiral who put me through to National Windscreens.
To my surprise, there is now a £25 charge for minor repairs rather than the free service that I thought was in force. Apparantley the new £25 excess was introduced in Sep 2011, should have read the policy in detail  :huh:

Red
Mk6 GiT since birth in 2010

YNWA

Offline Raffe

• I live here
Re: Windscreen Repair
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2012, 19:08 »
Sounds steep, I only paid a Tenner with Tesco.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2012, 19:38 »
Thats outrageous, the whole point of free chip repairs was to save windscreen repairers the cost of replacing the whole thing, so in the long run saving them money.

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2012, 20:14 »
I have 3 vehicles insured with admiral and after forking out the £25 for a chip recently, and not being able to decide who I wanted to repair the chip I won't be using them again.

At renewal time last February the price increased 50 percent...lucky for me is just done a new business quote online which was cheaper than my previous year. The girl on the phone didn't know what to say when I countered her renewal with that price  :cool:

Needless to say, I paid the lower price! NFU in my opinion are the best insurers by far.
Carbon Grey Edition 35, DSG, ACC, Cruise Control, Luxury Pack, RCD 510, TPMS