Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 437483 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: LL's Mk3 1.8t [projectninetynine]
« Reply #2300 on: 22 March 2011, 09:48 »
It's legal to run with no bonnet as long as all moving parts are covered :)

So in basic terms you might as well fit a bonnet.  :rolleyes:

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #2301 on: 22 March 2011, 11:20 »

most engines these days have belt covers and stuff so i'd say no

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2302 on: 22 March 2011, 12:05 »
Fooking hell!.... every time I look at this thread something changes colour or the wheels change etc!... will you ever be happy with anything for longer than a couple of weeks!?  :grin:

No :D Already debating wheel color change/new set of merc rims. Maybe a roof color change.

I want to get the crash wing replaced and sprayed up soon, so the shell is one color again. Also the wing wasn't taken back to right shape. Well I mean it looks like it is but part of it is slightly caved in still (but we filler'd it so it looks right). This means the tyre scrubs a little. Not a big problem, but its not right and not like the other side (like it should be), so needs to be sorted. Just one of those annoying little niggle's.

most engines these days have belt covers and stuff so i'd say no

I have belt's exposed and throttle body and clutch cable :(

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2303 on: 22 March 2011, 21:32 »
Woop! Car is now sorted and driving better than ever. Just f**ked it in the zaust, so the love is back! :kiss: :D

Well, still need a new arch. Oh and just ignore the driveshaft knocking and rubbing :D

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2304 on: 25 March 2011, 09:02 »
Ran out fuel last night. I had a little panic, thought my engine had died. Ended up half on the motorway and half in the grass on the side - epic fail. Highway patrol towed me off the motorway, but wouldn't take me any further. Thought they could take me the extra 1/4 mile to the petrol station!

It was a big lol. I was on the way to the petrol station as well and my needle wasn't sat at 0 so I didn't think it was fuel. Stu got £10 worth of fuel and we chucked that in, then started it and the needle didn't move, so I'm guessing where it was 0 :D

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #2305 on: 25 March 2011, 09:17 »
Ran out fuel last night. I had a little panic, thought my engine had died. Ended up half on the motorway and half in the grass on the side - epic fail. Highway patrol towed me off the motorway, but wouldn't take me any further. Thought they could take me the extra 1/4 mile to the petrol station!

It was a big lol. I was on the way to the petrol station as well and my needle wasn't sat at 0 so I didn't think it was fuel. Stu got £10 worth of fuel and we chucked that in, then started it and the needle didn't move, so I'm guessing where it was 0 :D

What a pain in the ass but sounds like you knew you were running it low even if it wasn't on zero... I must admit though I've come very close before, "ah, I should be alright, I'll stop at the next one"

Patrol wont take you to a station regardless of how close it is as I think it's an offence to run out of fuel on a motorway and they would want you to learn a lesson from it. They had to tow you off though for safety reasons.  Also if it was copper that found you they  may have not been so helpful.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2306 on: 25 March 2011, 09:28 »
Yeah, didn't think it was that low lol.

Patrol said they couldn't because of insurance reasons, then said Section this, Act that and went on but I had stopped listening :D

It was mega unsafe lol, I was fearing for my car when I saw a f**k off lorry barreling past. They are much quicker when you aren't moving :D

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #2307 on: 25 March 2011, 09:47 »
Yeah, didn't think it was that low lol.

Patrol said they couldn't because of insurance reasons, then said Section this, Act that and went on but I had stopped listening :D

It was mega unsafe lol, I was fearing for my car when I saw a f**k off lorry barreling past. They are much quicker when you aren't moving :D

Was obviously giving you the riot act on running out of fuel on the motorway then.  :grin:

Yeah, being stranded on a motorway is not nice and after seeing what can happen when a vehicle driven by someone half asleep veers off into a stranded car ....  :shocked:

I have only been in this situation once and standing on the other side of the barrier for 30 mins in sub zero temperatures is not fun!

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #2308 on: 25 March 2011, 09:55 »
Epic failure for Alex!!!  :grin: :grin:

Glad you didn't get ran over though! :afro:

I'm sure i mentioned something about how low your petrol was back in Portsmouth? Are you one of these that loves to run in the red?  :grin:

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #2309 on: 25 March 2011, 10:11 »
I have only been in this situation once and standing on the other side of the barrier for 30 mins in sub zero temperatures is not fun!

Same, although it wasnt freezing, just rainging heavily and i stupidly was wearing a t shirt and shorts  :embarassed: :grin: I figured it was better then getting mushed up if a car hit mine tho  :cool:

Glad you didn't get ran over though! :afro:

:grin: made me laugh for some reason  :grin: