Author Topic: To buy or not to buy.  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
Re: To buy or not to buy.
« Reply #30 on: 19 March 2022, 12:33 »
Done it! Ordered. So gone for pure white and DCC. Considered the winter pack but don’t have it in mine now and can’t say I have missed the heated seats from my last car. On the road price with DCC is £33,915.50! The nearest VW dealership has offered me a standard club with no extras at £37,800! This is through motorfinity and is BlueLightCard discounted. I asked about 4 times where is the catch on the price but said they go direct to VW. Shows how much garages are making on the cars!

Hopefully you won’t have the same “catch” as I did. I ordered a brand new fully loaded Mini Cooper S through a broker with a substantial discount (21%) The order was accepted by Mini and I got an order number. About a month in the order was cancelled by Mini stating they they were cancelling all third party orders to protect their own dealer network from supply issues. My take on this was they had decided they could make more money by cutting out the loss leader deals they had been happy to take to keep ticking over during the first covid lockdown because of increased demand from franchised dealers orders with far less discount applied and more profit for them.

Best of luck 🤞

That’s is poor and sorry to hear you lost that order.

It sounds like you were in a similar position to me so fingers crossed this won’t happen.

Just received the order details from Listers VW in Nuneaton. This is where the car is coming from. To be honest, I’m not really thinking the car will ever turn up. It’s a long long way off and a lot of things can change between now and then. I’m just happy I have a great deal (in my eyes), and if it turns up at that price then I’m onto a winner.

Let’s see what happens.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 19 March 2022, 16:18 »
Done it! Ordered. So gone for pure white and DCC. Considered the winter pack but don’t have it in mine now and can’t say I have missed the heated seats from my last car. On the road price with DCC is £33,915.50! The nearest VW dealership has offered me a standard club with no extras at £37,800! This is through motorfinity and is BlueLightCard discounted. I asked about 4 times where is the catch on the price but said they go direct to VW. Shows how much garages are making on the cars!

Hopefully you won’t have the same “catch” as I did. I ordered a brand new fully loaded Mini Cooper S through a broker with a substantial discount (21%) The order was accepted by Mini and I got an order number. About a month in the order was cancelled by Mini stating they they were cancelling all third party orders to protect their own dealer network from supply issues. My take on this was they had decided they could make more money by cutting out the loss leader deals they had been happy to take to keep ticking over during the first covid lockdown because of increased demand from franchised dealers orders with far less discount applied and more profit for them.

Best of luck 🤞

It sounds like you were in a similar position to me so fingers crossed this won’t happen.

Just received the order details from Listers VW in Nuneaton. This is where the car is coming from. To be honest, I’m not really thinking the car will ever turn up. It’s a long long way off and a lot of things can change between now and then. I’m just happy I have a great deal (in my eyes), and if it turns up at that price then I’m onto a winner.

Let’s see what happens.

I’ve had 5 cars from Listers Nuneaton. Never had a problem with this dealership or Listers in general.They have always been spot on with me 👍  It’s just the small matter of the car getting built and shipped to the UK that is the worry and that’s largely out of their hands 😬

I still got the Mini albeit with a slightly smaller haggled discount from my local Mini dealership and have to say it all worked out well and I love my little weekend warrior 👍

« Last Edit: 19 March 2022, 16:41 by JB GTI »
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 19 March 2022, 19:08 »

Best of luck 🤞

Let’s see what happens.
Congrats on your order.  I placed an order for an R with Listers VW in Nuneaton, via AutoeBid, back in November last year.  At that time I was told I could cancel at anytime right up until the car was in the UK and I would be refunded in full.  With that in mind, togther with the discounted price, the order was a no brainer.

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 19 March 2022, 20:16 »

Best of luck 🤞

Let’s see what happens.

I’ve had 5 cars from Listers Nuneaton. Never had a problem with this dealership or Listers in general.They have always been spot on with me 👍  It’s just the small matter of the car getting built and shipped to the UK that is the worry and that’s largely out of their hands 😬

I still got the Mini albeit with a slightly smaller haggled discount from my local Mini dealership and have to say it all worked out well and I love my little weekend warrior 👍

Love the colour.

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 19 March 2022, 20:17 »

Best of luck 🤞

Let’s see what happens.
Congrats on your order.  I placed an order for an R with Listers VW in Nuneaton, via AutoeBid, back in November last year.  At that time I was told I could cancel at anytime right up until the car was in the UK and I would be refunded in full.  With that in mind, togther with the discounted price, the order was a no brainer.

I have been told the same through Motofinity so I’m on the same page as you, no brainier.