Author Topic: Car alarm!!!!  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
Car alarm!!!!
« on: 25 October 2021, 19:39 »
Evening all,

So for the first time tonight my car alarm started going off. I went out and turned it off and came back inside. Around 20 mins later, it started again. I went out and the key wouldn’t response, so wouldn’t lock the car or unlock it. Had to put my hand on the door handle before it unlocked. This didn’t stop the alarm going off. I sat in and started the car. It started but still the alarm was still going off. I then remembered I had been in the boot so opened it and it immediately stopped. The boot was properly closed so no idea what it stopped when I opened it. I seemed to remember someone on here mentioning a faulty boot latch. The thing is, I have had no issues with the boot at all and seems to be closing and opening ok. Wondered if anyone else had encountered this. Just weird that the key wouldn’t unlocked/lock the car that second time it went off. Very strange.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
Re: Car alarm!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2021, 00:13 »
I believe that Andrew Chapple (Volkswizard on YouTube/social media) had this fault months ago. It happened twice but really randomly if memory serves. It is certainly one of the rarer mk8 software bugs.

Regards

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2021, 05:56 »
Just seen this thread and the volkwizard car was the first thing that popped into my head too.
So it’s not an unheard of issue.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2021, 07:22 »
I had an alarm fault once only,it’s never happened since so I’m assuming a software upgrade cured it.

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2021, 13:00 »
Just seen this thread and the volkwizard car was the first thing that popped into my head too.
So it’s not an unheard of issue.
For sure, I remember him saying that 99% of his faults had been cured by the recent OTA update and he hasn’t mentioned this one for ages… I’m guessing it must have been fixed?

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 27 October 2021, 15:28 »
Cheers guys. Will take a look at his videos. To be fair it’s not done it since, however, yesterday it kicked me out of being primary user and wouldn’t let me back in. Parked it up, went back an hour later and had to log back in. It all seems ok now. I can’t complain, I have been pretty lucky with faults.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 27 October 2021, 16:28 »
It’s in at least one of his “xxxx mile running report” vids that he mentions it.

I still can’t even get in to primary user mode  :rolleyes: part laziness from me and part too much of a faff.
It keeps asking me for a PIN and I don’t have a PIN.
To be fair I’ve hardly had any notable faults aside from the usual random resetting of things or the radio going on strike or the parking sensors deciding they are on tea break etc. 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner