Author Topic: new order  (Read 2025 times)

Offline PROUDTHUNDER

• Just got here
new order
« on: 24 October 2021, 11:27 »
Hi I am about to order a new GTi with Drive The Deal I dont think they will be able to get the 15% discount they are saying I will let you know how I get on. Also is it worth getting the 2 year service plan at £269 ?

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: new order
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2021, 11:57 »
I see that Drive the Deal’s terms and conditions do state that the prices on their website are what they believe they will able to obtain, based on what they’ve previously achieved on behalf of customers. However, with the current state of the new car market, there’s a possibility that previously achieved prices / discounts might not be a guide to what’s actually achievable now or in the near future. Whatever discount you manage to achieve, be prepared to be in for a long wait, and it would be good if you could update the forum on what discount you do get through Drive the Deal. You might also find the discussion thread at the link below of interest;

https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=288189.0

Service plan is definitely worth it IMHO. To ‘pay as you go’ for the first two services at current prices would cost in excess of £500 at a VW dealership, so a service plan at £269 is a no brainier.
« Last Edit: 24 October 2021, 12:29 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline PROUDTHUNDER

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2021, 12:36 »
thanks for the quick reply I will let you know how I get on. If no discount is available their is a lot of competition at the £37000 list price

Offline mactrack

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2021, 12:52 »
I've ordered 3 cars via DTD over the years the most recent of which was a MK8 R in March that arrived in 9 weeks although orders placed now are being quoted at 40+ weeks. DTD work closely with their dealers and if for any reason they couldn't achieve the discounts advertised on their website they would pull them.

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2021, 14:23 »
I've ordered 3 cars via DTD over the years the most recent of which was a MK8 R in March that arrived in 9 weeks although orders placed now are being quoted at 40+ weeks. DTD work closely with their dealers and if for any reason they couldn't achieve the discounts advertised on their website they would pull them.

The Drive The Deal spammers get everywhere these days.
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline mactrack

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2021, 15:57 »

The Drive The Deal spammers get everywhere these days.

Yeah sorry about that.  :grin:

Offline PROUDTHUNDER

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 25 October 2021, 14:23 »
Hi I am about to order a new GTi with Drive The Deal I dont think they will be able to get the 15% discount they are saying I will let you know how I get on. Also is it worth getting the 2 year service plan at £269 ?
  ORDERED CAR TODAY THEY GAVE ME 15% DISCOUNT ABOUT £5.400 OF LIST PRICE. 40 WEEKS TILL DELIVERY

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 25 October 2021, 21:26 »
  ORDERED CAR TODAY THEY GAVE ME 15% DISCOUNT ABOUT £5.400 OF LIST PRICE. 40 WEEKS TILL DELIVERY

Nice, welcome to the waiting for delivery club
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline onmeedson

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 25 October 2021, 21:35 »
Coincidentally, I priced up a car on DTD last night and submitted a request this morning, although not heard anything yet. 40 weeks is a bit of a wait though

Offline theminty1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 26 October 2021, 07:42 »
Excellent discount  :smiley: So was this with lots of options?