Author Topic: Tracking an order  (Read 749 times)

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
Tracking an order
« on: 17 June 2021, 10:43 »
I ordered the car on Saturday, dealer said there would be a number sent to me later this week so that i can do something in an app or online and track the progress, not that much will be happening in 6 days. What App is it?
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
Re: Tracking an order
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2021, 11:21 »
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/my#/

Go there and register your details. The process is somewhat glitchy for a company of VWs size but it's straightforward. When I say glitchy it's prone to a lack of updates with many people reporting that they have to remove vehicle and re add it to see any progress.

Mine just disappears and randomly reappears. Not to worry as it will be at stage 2 for several months so just relax, doesn't matter how many times you check the progress it will be ready when it's ready and not a second before. I've set a president of checking once a week if that so as not to be fretting constantly.

Just be content that you've got a great car on the way and enjoy it when it arrives.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2021, 11:23 »
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/my#/

Go there and register your details. The process is somewhat glitchy for a company of VWs size but it's straightforward. When I say glitchy it's prone to a lack of updates with many people reporting that they have to remove vehicle and re add it to see any progress.

Mine just disappears and randomly reappears. Not to worry as it will be at stage 2 for several months so just relax, doesn't matter how many times you check the progress it will be ready when it's ready and not a second before. I've set a president of checking once a week if that so as not to be fretting constantly.

Just be content that you've got a great car on the way and enjoy it when it arrives.

Yeah i suspect nothing much will happen with a quoted 26weeks delivery  :cry:  thanks for link though
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 17 June 2021, 11:25 »
What spec you gone for?
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 17 June 2021, 11:45 »
Fairly simple but maybe controversial 18" std wheels, white and winter pack. Don't want 19s as i live in rural Northumberland and our roads are full of cave like holes. They're fun, quiet and twisty though :)

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 17 June 2021, 11:45 »
One other funny about the site is there is both a global and U.K. specific section, and I find for about a week my order number was missing / saying not recognised/invalid and it was because I was only logged into the global version and not the U.K. version as well…. So I have to log in twice (with the same details and vw id btw) to make sure I can see / track.

Mine has been at stage 2 since I ordered as was an edit to an order dealer had in queue (21-Apr) and has disappeared and reappeared a couple of times, all colour/spec has gone, been wrong and then corrected itself.

So pretty much useless, but nothing can do an no point asking until another 6/8 weeks has passed I expect.
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options