Author Topic: Discounts on Clubsport and R  (Read 3029 times)

Offline phope

• I live here
Re: Discounts on Clubsport and R
« Reply #10 on: 08 June 2021, 23:19 »
Sold it on to a main dealer desperate for stock   :smiley:

Reducing mortgage, helping family financially and a nice wedge in the background for investing
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 10 June 2021, 17:35 »
I've found a dealer with my 'dream spec' Clubsport who already has it on order incoming for September. They are offering 8% off

Very very tempting since I've been told placing an order now is December delivery

8% off is good, but not great?
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 10 June 2021, 18:59 »

3.6 Roentgen Not Great, Not Terrible

Sorry, couldn't resist  :grin:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 10 June 2021, 19:08 »

3.6 Roentgen Not Great, Not Terrible

Sorry, couldn't resist  :grin:

That was such a good series!

I took the 8% and pulled the trigger  :grin:
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline battleshipgray

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 15 June 2021, 23:16 »
Great stuff - well done.

I'm in the process of haggling with local dealers - realistically not sure I could get anywhere near to that discount but I'll try!
Gone: 2015 Mk 7 GTI, 5 door, Manual, Carbon Grey
2019, Mk 7.5 GTI Performance, 5 door, Manual, Indium Grey
2021, on order Mk 8R, Lapiz Blue

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 16 June 2021, 16:00 »
I can't decide what to do  :grin:

One day, I'm ready to go order, the next I'm "fast expensive cars are bloomin' stupid ideas"

Once I've specced the Clubsport to what I'd really like, then an R makes more sense financially. Then I keep thinking that ordering the R without the Performance Pack at £2000 is stupid from a resale point of view in a few years, but then it's another £2000 sunk into an already expensive Golf and well into S3 money...which isn't as 'good' overall as the Golf

Maybe waiting for used cars at year end is the better idea  :undecided:

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 16 June 2021, 16:26 »
Find the dealer who spec their managers’ car for resale, as you like it and buy it at a substantial discount about 6 months later. Many advertise them a couple of months in advance on the VW or Audi approved websites. That’s how I have bought my last 3 cars. Like you I am tempted by a S3 and will look to find one when I next change. Makes financial sense. The two previous cars I bought this way, an Audi then a VW had 1400 / 1800 miles at around 6 months.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: 16 June 2021, 20:30 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 16 June 2021, 16:38 »
Email from Drive the Deal today, R at £33900ish and E45 at £34300ish. They seem pretty good deals!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 16 June 2021, 17:10 »
I can't decide what to do  :grin:

One day, I'm ready to go order, the next I'm "fast expensive cars are bloomin' stupid ideas"

Once I've specced the Clubsport to what I'd really like, then an R makes more sense financially. Then I keep thinking that ordering the R without the Performance Pack at £2000 is stupid from a resale point of view in a few years, but then it's another £2000 sunk into an already expensive Golf and well into S3 money...which isn't as 'good' overall as the Golf

Maybe waiting for used cars at year end is the better idea  :undecided:
You're in exactly the same position as I was in and I was in it since they announced the 8R. In the end I bit the bullet and ordered an ED45 and I'm happy with my decision, no idea when I'll have it but at least I've made a decision. If you start thinking about the S3 you'll then be thinking about an RS3 naturally so it's a never ending path.
I went for the CS45 over an R incidentally based on a few factors, I actually prefer the looks and it's a change from my R. Performance wise they are very similar and most of us won't be out drag racing and will never see a track so it's largely irrelevant anyway and whatever you pick you really can't make a wrong decision. Good luck.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 18 June 2021, 12:32 »
Salesman at local dealer completely disinterested and unhelpful  :rolleyes: - didn't even return phone calls or emails, despite promising.

After a lot of thought, have put in a request with DTD for a Golf R with a sensible spec

Looking for Golf R with 19s, HUD, DCC, winter pack and Park Assist - avoided temptation to load it up too much.

Figured that this might be the last brand new combustion engined car I buy, so why not treat myself. If combustion cars are banned from 2030 onwards, I can't see myself buying another in 3-4 years time from now with the ban looming ever closer at that time

Insurance price indication are surprisingly low for wife and I!!!