Author Topic: Edition 45 news.....  (Read 5181 times)

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
Re: Edition 45 news.....
« Reply #30 on: 06 May 2021, 22:46 »
I thought I'd read somewhere that no ed45 was going to be around until week 48....

The production run isn't scheduled until late this year and will run for only a few weeks... Production ends with Christmas...

When is wk 48? Yes makes sense as then its limited
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #31 on: 06 May 2021, 22:50 »
I thought I'd read somewhere that no ed45 was going to be around until week 48....

The production run isn't scheduled until late this year and will run for only a few weeks... Production ends with Christmas...

Well, 52 weeks in a year... Basically December but it's a short month.

While it's not a strictly limited production, the short time window and available build slots will limit it quite a bit...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 06 May 2021, 22:52 »

Well, 52 weeks in a year... Basically December but it's a short month.

While it's not a strictly limited production, the short time window and available build slots will limit it quite a bit...
Ah ok so there weeks are in line with the calendar year.

Wowzas by the time that swings by I'll be buying it outright with all the savings. I hope its wrong but bet it isn't. Dealers are clueless is they are saying 20 weeks to me
« Last Edit: 06 May 2021, 23:17 by ash_rage »

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 07 May 2021, 06:58 »
Cancelled my CS  order today and agreed a deal with DTD for a CS45, waiting for the dealer to call me back

Congrats on the order mate, what spec did you go for?

Regarding lead time, I've been quoted 16 weeks on my R but I have read a few places they have stopped production right now to get the infotainment issues sorted as they have a backlog of recalls and rejected cars to sort. Not sure how true this is, but the fact we know they have issues could be possible.

I'd be suprised if they make all ED45's in week 48 for the UK, the German market ones are out now and seems some coming in the next months, Irish books was open way before ours so if they get RHD cars in say August we can't be far behind. Plus you can get the "racing pack" from week 48 which would indicate the end of the ED45 run?
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 07 May 2021, 07:05 »
They told me no Rs until October. Was on the fence with that also.

Pearl White
DCC
Rear view camera
Digital key
Harman Kardon Sound System

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #35 on: 08 May 2021, 18:10 »
Ordered 1 Batmobile through DTD.
DBP