Author Topic: Edition 45 news.....  (Read 5208 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Edition 45 news.....
« Reply #20 on: 02 May 2021, 13:55 »
For anyone that needs reminding, posted up by king monkey in the other thread, the exhaust sure sounds a beast!
https://youtu.be/BWaMBGg4H4Q

I’d still not sell a CSS to get one!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 02 May 2021, 15:49 »
Thanks for that Andy. It’s that video that will sway me to the 45.

The 45 is limited by time. Confirmed to only be in production in 2021.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 05 May 2021, 15:25 »
Some interesting comments here, and I agree with some of the "it didn't feel special enough" sentiments as I too had the same, when I first drove the normal Gti (base spec in white) then a Clubsport (base spec in Dolphin) and then the R (Dealer demo spec in Lapiz, with Pano Roof and DCC) the R, regardless of its optionals, was the best of the bunch by far.

I really liked the Clubsport, but I did think it was a step down from my Edition 40, not by much however and that's why I was holding out for the Edition 45. However, after seeing real life pictures of the 45 and comparing the real dealer discounted prices it was less than £600 difference for the R I have orderded, spec for spec over the 45.

The other thing that swayed it for me, was that from week 48 (in Ireland at least) they will release a "Racing Pack" which has Scottsdale wheels, delimited top speed, and an Akra exhaust for the Clubsport, meaning all the Edition 45 will have as a special stand out will be the side stickers, the black roof and the 45 badge on the steering wheel and maybe, the GTi logo on the seats, assuming that does not become standard or part of the above package.

That said I am sure it will be great and I'd go for this if I was getting one.

I'd chosen the white as my option originally, but then my wife said it looked like a "Safari tour" with the stickers down the side and I could not get that image out of my head, then again does the above look like the original batmobile?  :laugh:

94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #23 on: 05 May 2021, 15:56 »
As I said before.... the 45 sticker.... people will say "why is your race number 45?"... unless you are Scott Redding of course.

The ED45 seems like a poor value choice tbh and I think I've been saying that for a long time before now.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 05 May 2021, 18:14 »
Cancelled my CS  order today and agreed a deal with DTD for a CS45, waiting for the dealer to call me back
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 06 May 2021, 22:07 »
ash_rage

Can you tell us what the dealer says in regard to expected timings please when you have the information? I'm potentially going to put an order in myself as I keep delaying and delaying and am going to pull the trigger but after a meeting with a dealer yesterday and an expected delivery time of 30 weeks I'm still thinking it over.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 06 May 2021, 22:30 »
I've been told 20 weeks. I'm resigned to waiting longer so of it comes in 20 weeks then great. But I'm realistic know the the automobile industry is not a priority for semi conductor's right now

I've cancelled a normal CS which was supposed to be coming in July for this. My reasoning is what is an extra month or 2 when I'm 1 year of car ownership and kicking myself over the CS45.

I haven't actually got any paperwork yet. So when I do it might say something else. I'll keep you posted.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2021, 22:32 by ash_rage »
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 06 May 2021, 22:38 »
Many thanks. 20 weeks sounds much better. I've been going back and forth over an 8R 8CS and now 8CS45 and then the colour options think I've decided on a 45 in black in a good few options but that'll probably change. Thanks again.

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #28 on: 06 May 2021, 22:38 »
I thought I'd read somewhere that no ed45 was going to be around until week 48....

The production run isn't scheduled until late this year and will run for only a few weeks... Production ends with Christmas...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 06 May 2021, 22:44 »
Makes commercial sense that does Fred I guess. To get all the bits and bobs in for a limited run and bash 'em all out together. Then again VW and making sense don't go together to well.

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7