Author Topic: Best Golf R or CS Discounts  (Read 12024 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
Re: Best Golf R or CS Discounts
« Reply #20 on: 31 March 2021, 07:38 »
£34250 RRP, minus £2500 grant, minus £1750 deposit contribution (taking the finance to get that then clearing within 14 days) and actual discount take me to £27416 - didn't think I'd see those kinds of savings on an EV.
  Interesting, quite a saving on the electric ID3 then  :smiley:

I do for some odd reason really want the ID Buzz bus, but that will be tripple the price though  :grin:
« Last Edit: 31 March 2021, 07:46 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 31 March 2021, 13:19 »
The ID Buzz looks so cool.
As you say, it’ll be very expensive and in hot demand by the trendies but I reckon it’ll be the first iconic electric vehicle from VW so possibly not a bad place to put your ££££££
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 31 March 2021, 13:29 »
The ID Buzz looks so cool.
As you say, it’ll be very expensive and in hot demand by the trendies but I reckon it’ll be the first iconic electric vehicle from VW so possibly not a bad place to put your ££££££

Don’t see myself as a trendy- far from it- but I’ll buy one of these when the Alhambra gives up. Just what I’m looking for to replace the dirty diesel MPV. If seat or someone do a cheaper, less fashionable EV MPV then that would be right up my street.. and onto my driveway.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #23 on: 31 March 2021, 13:49 »
The Buzz does look very exciting - I'm not sure why they are taking so long to get it out - it has to be a killer concept.

On the other hand, looking at the prices of the California at the moment.... this thing is going to be 60k+ and I'm not entirely sure that the idea of a nomad vehicle isn't better suited to ICE than electric.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 01 April 2021, 14:15 »
Ive tried Carwow they are rubbish :shocked:

Did you get sorted with an order? VWs new price lists are out today and although I haven't checked for Golf, the ID3 went up £800 for new orders on or after today so I'm assuming the Golf will have had a hike too.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Ado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 02 April 2021, 10:56 »
Another shout out for listers, did a cracking deal on an ID3 in Dec.

So which one is going? The Polo or the A4?

The A4. The wife won't drive it, it's too big, so it's getting very little use as I'm only going into the office once a week or fortnight to file the documentation I'm generating and a few miles to the beach with the dog and kids - so on that mileage the DPF is regenning half the time and the mpg is sh!te as a result.

The ID3 is like a tardis - size of a Golf externally, legroom of a Passat as the bonnet is tiny (motor and drive is at tge back, RWD) and tge wheels are far into the corners.

It's well equipped on the tech side, even in base "Life" spec, it's a pity the door cards and seats are on a par with a base model Polo, but I don't stroke the plastics and tge seats are apparently comfy (no viewings or test drives, bought blind.

£34250 RRP, minus £2500 grant, minus £1750 deposit contribution (taking the finance to get that then clearing within 14 days) and actual discount take me to £27416 - didn't think I'd see those kinds of savings on an EV.

The 263 mile range is more like a realistic 240 miles in Summer and about 190 miles in Winter (heating up the battery in Winter takes its toll. On Octopus GO you're taking less than 1.5p a mile in Summer.

If you're not charging at home though, you save nowt ends up being 10-12p a mile at those rapid chargers at service stations.

Just wondering for how long the Government will give the EVs a free ride before we all get charged road tolls everywhere via ANPR.

I'm getting 190miles in the coldest of winter without heat pump, no idea what it does in the warmer weather because it's been sat at VW for 3 weeks.

TCR Ordered 10/06/19

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 02 April 2021, 13:33 »
^Software update to 2.1 failure?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Ado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 02 April 2021, 14:50 »
Indeed, just means the TCR is actually being used.
TCR Ordered 10/06/19

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 02 April 2021, 23:14 »
Indeed, just means the TCR is actually being used.
What is the ID.3 like to drive compared to the TCR?
Obviously flat out the TCR has more firepower but in daily driving is there a very noticeable performance gulf?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 02 April 2021, 23:32 »
ID3 is much smoother and quicker off the line, instant torque with single gear and rwd means I can’t help but just floor it. I think the ID3 is quicker to 40/50 then the TCR is gone but the ID3 is definitely much better for normal use. Handling wise the TCR wins, you can fee the mass of the ID3 and doesn’t inspire as much confidence but have only driven it in winter.

Overall I think the TCR feels more special especially the interior but the ID3 costs about 10x less in fuel/electric so it usually wins my brain over (also that it pre warms so it’s nice and toasty in winter lol).
« Last Edit: 02 April 2021, 23:38 by Ado »
TCR Ordered 10/06/19