Author Topic: New GTI Clubsport  (Read 13839 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: New GTI Clubsport
« Reply #60 on: 12 June 2021, 22:27 »
If the ride was too hard on the passive dampers, why did he put the 19's on in the first place? It can only be vanity.

Surely a decent looking set of 18's could have been found instead.

One other thing I took from that video, the Estoril's look miles better than those ugly Vossen's regardless of the offset.
7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #61 on: 12 June 2021, 22:30 »
Michele, as per my post above, if you think you might regret not getting DCC for any reason then just go ahead and spec it. All the Internet testers rave about it so almost everyone looking to buy a second hand Clubsport (45) will be seeking that spec out, so (depending on market conditions which may very well be totally different to what they are now) you are likely to get most of the cost back if not all if you sell carefully.

Myself, I’m 100% fine with passive, I know exactly where I am with it.

The Clubsport isn’t a limousine and it lets you know that fact! DCC has its strengths and drawbacks in my experience but is almost universally popular.

A shame you’re so far away or I’d demo mine to you.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #62 on: 13 June 2021, 04:09 »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2021, 05:08 by Splashalot »
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #63 on: 13 June 2021, 06:31 »
Michele, as per my post above, if you think you might regret not getting DCC for any reason then just go ahead and spec it. All the Internet testers rave about it so almost everyone looking to buy a second hand Clubsport (45) will be seeking that spec out, so (depending on market conditions which may very well be totally different to what they are now) you are likely to get most of the cost back if not all if you sell carefully.

Myself, I’m 100% fine with passive, I know exactly where I am with it.

The Clubsport isn’t a limousine and it lets you know that fact! DCC has its strengths and drawbacks in my experience but is almost universally popular.

A shame you’re so far away or I’d demo mine to you.

Andy, you’re a gent as always. Thanks for the offer. I’ve added DCC as the only option which unfortunately tips me into the luxury car tax by about £200 ish, which is rather annoying! I’ve never had a car with Dcc but the reviews all seem to say get it. Funnily, it’s never bothered me having passives on any of the plethora of performance Golfs I’ve had before. So, it’s either that the R rides slightly harsher or I’m getting older. Hmmmm.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #64 on: 13 June 2021, 10:32 »
@king monkey Looks like it's too late now as you've already specced it (right choice), but if you want to try a 7.5 R with DCC i'm in the Midlands and you can happily have a go in mine and you can compare the ride with your current one, I'm guessing your current car doesn't have it. Might be an interesting comparison for you.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #65 on: 13 June 2021, 10:43 »
@king monkey Looks like it's too late now as you've already specced it (right choice), but if you want to try a 7.5 R with DCC i'm in the Midlands and you can happily have a go in mine and you can compare the ride with your current one, I'm guessing your current car doesn't have it. Might be an interesting comparison for you.

Thank you sir! I’ll have been a member of this forum for 10 years in August and the kindness of its members never fails to surprise me. I’m going to stick with dcc as I’ve always said that this will be the last gti/petrol car I buy. Dcc will probably increase its longevity for me.

Thanks again!

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #66 on: 13 June 2021, 10:55 »

You are usually able to change the spec of your order before the car has a confirmed build week. Dealers will also sometimes do this if they have ordered a vehicle for themselves (a demonstrator or stock vehicle) or they’ve had a cancelled order; a new customer can jump the queue as the dealer can allocate that car to the new customer and change the details of the spec to the new customer’s requirements while it’s still at stage 2 ‘with the factory’.

It can only be done before the build week’s been confirmed (and there may be limitations to what can be changed?). After that, it’s too late as the factory will have ordered all the parts specific to that car’s production in the allocated build week and the car’s spec will be ‘locked in’.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #67 on: 13 June 2021, 10:57 »
Tbh the only thing I’m thinking of changing is the addition of the rear view camera.

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #68 on: 13 June 2021, 11:01 »
Tbh the only thing I’m thinking of changing is the addition of the rear view camera.
That's one of the things I didn't spec on my new one as having used them I actually prefer to use my own judgment, well with the aid of sensors of course. I just can't see the benefit personally and it's just something else to go wrong, I've followed plenty of cars lately with the badge still stuck up having not closed properly.
Each to their own though.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 13 June 2021, 11:27 »
I’ve never seen the point of them but I’ve actually used it quite a bit in my R. The car park at work can be very tight so it’s been an extra thing to use. My S3 was hit 3 times at work. Once needing a brand new bumper. It was repaired then hit again 2 weeks later.  :cry: