Author Topic: Lead times  (Read 31061 times)

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
Re: Lead times
« Reply #120 on: 22 April 2021, 22:50 »
Mine has in theory officially been ordered today, however but worried myvw showing my order as a pure white car and not dolphin - which I’m going to assume is a glitch/they all start like that........
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #121 on: 23 April 2021, 00:44 »
Saw my first R today but still not seen another ClubSport yet - though, I expect it won't be too long now, seeing that folks' factory orders are beginning to be fulfilled.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #122 on: 23 April 2021, 06:25 »
For anyone wondering why their long built car hasn't moved from Emden in a very long time (My ID3 has been sat at Emden since 9th March, my salesperson send me an official BS bulletin from the VW ministry of porky pies:-

April shipping from Emden
VW0496-21
19 APR 2021
Print

We are currently working through backlog of cars that are due to be shipped from Emden.

There is a small volume of required units that have been dwelling at status code 38 for longer than the anticipated SLA. This is partly because of UK port capacity and new customs regulations following Brexit, which is causing some delays.

Be assured that cars that have been called off and have been dwelling at status code 38 the longest are being prioritised for shipping, as well as anything that was in Emden and called off by the shipping deadline for April delivery.

This is being managed centrally by logistics and Emden – please do not contact the sales and generalist team or your area sales manager on this topic.

Article author
Rhona Calder, Supply Development Manager

That's bollocks. The UK ports have car specific compounds which are pretty empty due to car sales being well.down, due to COVID. For those cars making it here, they're getting to the dealerships pretty quickly so they can get their payments. VAT duties are straightforward since Brexit too, all sorted before they even leave Germany. The real reason could be fewer ships or a COVID backlog at the German end - not sure why they wouldn't admit to that.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #123 on: 23 April 2021, 09:06 »
It doesn't sound very plausible to me.

There is something else but they don't want to admit it.... quite what I don't really know.

The car transporters used to be the same ones all day, every day, back and forward.

I suspect that with VW having blown them off during covid, the shipping line have downsized or even gone bust and VW don't have the lift capability they did previously.

A lot of my suppliers at work are like this - with no end in sight they had to make some harsh decisions that are taking a lot of time to put back now demand is ramping back up.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #124 on: 25 April 2021, 15:45 »
It doesn't sound very plausible to me.

There is something else but they don't want to admit it.... quite what I don't really know.

The car transporters used to be the same ones all day, every day, back and forward.

I suspect that with VW having blown them off during covid, the shipping line have downsized or even gone bust and VW don't have the lift capability they did previously.

A lot of my suppliers at work are like this - with no end in sight they had to make some harsh decisions that are taking a lot of time to put back now demand is ramping back up.

There are 6 ID3 in the EV forum I frequent now that have got on a UK bound ship in the last week, 2 weeks after being built. VW UK updated my dealer on Friday that planned delivery by the end of April can't happen now...No sh!t Sherlock!

So instead of operating a FIFO system at the docks, it seems that VW's tactic is to ship the newer ones out to annoy the fewest amount of customers possible (those late already are already annoyed, we can annoy them a bit more whilst not annoying any other customers with a newer car).
« Last Edit: 25 April 2021, 15:59 by monkeyhanger »

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #125 on: 25 April 2021, 15:57 »
There's a sort of twisted logic to that...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #126 on: 26 April 2021, 11:06 »
Same happened with my TCR. It must have been parked at the far end of the dock car park as plenty of earlier builds were coming through well before mine.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #127 on: 26 April 2021, 12:36 »

Same happened with my TCR. It must have been parked at the far end of the dock car park as plenty of earlier builds were coming through well before mine.

Chris - Maybe they have us on file for chronic askers of the question..."where's me feckin' car?". Or they think "he's had 11 VWs before and he's still buying, he'll wait and still buy another VW".

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #128 on: 26 April 2021, 21:35 »

Chris - Maybe they have us on file for chronic askers of the question..."where's me feckin' car?". Or they think "he's had 11 VWs before and he's still buying, he'll wait and still buy another VW".
😂😂
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #129 on: 27 April 2021, 10:46 »
As if by magic (or VW are tapping my Internet feed), I got my 5C notification this morning. The car should be in Grimsby by teatime.