Author Topic: Lead times  (Read 31667 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Lead times
« Reply #100 on: 17 April 2021, 22:10 »
If there is one thing I'd avoid just because it's an actual nightmare (and not just a waste of money) it's the pan roof.

Recently the last of the mk7's all seem to have a problem with cracked surrounds and others have rattled and leaked.

Seriously, it's a risky choice.

Just some advice from forum experience...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #101 on: 18 April 2021, 01:51 »
If there is one thing I'd avoid just because it's an actual nightmare (and not just a waste of money) it's the pan roof.

Recently the last of the mk7's all seem to have a problem with cracked surrounds and others have rattled and leaked.

Seriously, it's a risky choice.

Just some advice from forum experience...

I wouldn’t have one either.

However, VW have changed the design of the sunroof in the mk8 - the problem areas of the sunroof surround on the mk7 / mk7.5 that are prone to cracking have been designed out.

The surround no longer extends up the sides of the tilting / sliding panel - it’s just a strip between the top edge of the windscreen and the front edge of the tilting / sliding panel with the wider tilting / sliding panel extending to the full width of the car’s roof. You can see the differences in the pictures below;

Mk8 sunroof where the ‘surround’ is just a strip;

Mk7 mk7.5 sunroof showing the surround extending up the sides of the tilting / sliding panel. X marks the spot where the surround has been known to crack;

Rattles and leaks may still be an issue with the mk8 sunroofs though, although this wasn’t an issue in all cases with the mk7 / mk7.5 version.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline theminty1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #102 on: 18 April 2021, 10:53 »
Give me a car with a sunroof. Much more airy feeling. Ust not a mk7. Poor showing with that one vw

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #103 on: 18 April 2021, 11:27 »
I’ve ordered pano roof on my new Tiguan. Hope I don’t regret it looking at horror stories on here

« Last Edit: 18 April 2021, 17:09 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline theminty1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #104 on: 18 April 2021, 15:44 »
I’ve ordered pano room on my new Tiguan. Hope I don’t regret it looking at horror stories on here

Nice colour that if you have chosen it.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #105 on: 18 April 2021, 18:33 »
I’ve ordered pano roof on my new Tiguan. Hope I don’t regret it looking at horror stories on here

Despite the bother I've had with my sunroof, I'm really pleased with it. Possibly a different story if it needed a second repair :rolleyes: It is starting to creak a bit now so I do need to lubricate the seals.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Kgti8

• Not said much yet
« Reply #106 on: 19 April 2021, 00:36 »
Took delivery of mine last week. Had ordered 5th December so a relatively long wait.

Oryx White, Estorils, DCC, Pan roof, HK, Vienna Leather, Winter Pack and Rear camera. Delighted with it, it is fabulous to drive. Looking forward to sharing more thoughts on it as I go along.

« Last Edit: 19 April 2021, 00:38 by Kgti8 »
2021 MK8 Manual | Oryx White, Estorils, DCC, Winter Pack, HK, Pan Roof, Rear Camera, Vienna Leather

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #107 on: 19 April 2021, 07:09 »
Took delivery of mine last week. Had ordered 5th December so a relatively long wait.

Oryx White, Estorils, DCC, Pan roof, HK, Vienna Leather, Winter Pack and Rear camera. Delighted with it, it is fabulous to drive. Looking forward to sharing more thoughts on it as I go along.

Same colour and wheels as the CS I ordered! Looks absolutely fantastic! If you have posted more pics on Instagram let me know your username so I can stare at for 4 months!

Looks great
« Last Edit: 19 April 2021, 07:12 by ash_rage »
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline thronetm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #108 on: 19 April 2021, 09:01 »

Very nice! enjoy

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #109 on: 19 April 2021, 09:11 »
Looks good!

I didn't think Estorils were available to order back then.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC