Author Topic: Lead times  (Read 31609 times)

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
Re: Lead times
« Reply #70 on: 14 February 2021, 19:13 »
Picked up my GTI Dolphin Grey on Friday and first golf I have owned and I absolutely love it. Doesn't take long to get use to the system on screen but loving that burst of power. I'm one very happy owner

Congratulations ans safe
Your car looks very nice
When my GTi arrives in March it will also be my first GTI and most powerful car I’ve owned
I think the 18“ Richmond actually looks good on the GTI. I saw a black GTI for the first time in life yesterday, I most admit it looks a lot better than any picture.
The 19” are obviously the best fit but I am please with the Richmond wheels
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline Si_Telford

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #71 on: 14 February 2021, 20:15 »
Picked up my GTI Dolphin Grey on Friday and first golf I have owned and I absolutely love it. Doesn't take long to get use to the system on screen but loving that burst of power. I'm one very happy owner

Congratulations ans safe
Your car looks very nice
When my GTi arrives in March it will also be my first GTI and most powerful car I’ve owned
I think the 18“ Richmond actually looks good on the GTI. I saw a black GTI for the first time in life yesterday, I most admit it looks a lot better than any picture.
The 19” are obviously the best fit but I am please with the Richmond wheels

Thank you I am really pleased with it, had it out a bit today as the snow was disappearing on the main roads and think it's a fabulous drive, feel use to everything already even with the entertainment system. Lovely to drive and comfy. I defiantly think they look better in the flesh and had a few people say it looks nice and I actually quite like the standard wheels. Bet you can't wait till March 😊. 

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #72 on: 14 February 2021, 20:50 »
Looks great, exactly the same as the one I’m waiting for! I’m ringing my dealership to see what excuses they have for this week lol. Glad your happy with it and that the infotainment system isn’t as bad as they say.

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #73 on: 16 February 2021, 14:37 »
Finally got confirmation through from VW that my GTI has been built and is now sitting at Emden port waiting for a ship to take pity on it and bring it to the UK. No idea how long it will be then before it gets to me but at least it’s progress.

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #74 on: 19 March 2021, 23:27 »
Was now told 2 weeks ago that my car is delayed till September.

I’ve contacted the guy from Arnold Clark who’s dealing with our company cars and asked if I can change it to a 45 Edition with Winter Pack as long as the cost isn’t going to change and it isn’t going to delay things further.

You would think that they’re just being made on the same production slots as the CS’s so hopefully it won’t make a difference to lead time. However I’m not hopeful that the price will be the same.

The guy from Arnold Clark has contacted the VW part of the business and they’ve said that they have absolutely no information about the 45 Edition yet. I can see from the VW U.K. website that it’s still not on the configurator and there still no U.K. pricing. 
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #75 on: 20 March 2021, 08:47 »
Article on Autocar Twitter feed saying chip delays will last well into the autumn!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #76 on: 20 March 2021, 12:28 »
Article on Autocar Twitter feed saying chip delays will last well into the autumn!

Yeah I saw that. Thanks.
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #77 on: 20 March 2021, 12:40 »
I think there is just generally delays. As they try to get as many orders as they can and then when sod the customer has to wait 8 months  When I ordered my GTD in March 2018 I was told august delivery. It was white with 19 Brescia alloys!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #78 on: 20 March 2021, 16:04 »
Four to six months has always been vw lead times for factory orders... Nothing new there!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #79 on: 20 March 2021, 17:07 »
Four to six months has always been vw lead times for factory orders... Nothing new there!

No, nothing new. It’s not unusual for it to take longer then 4-6 months either; 8 months was fairly typical for the mk7 GTI just after the order books opened, and some early adopters waited longer.

I waited seven months for my current VW. The longest wait I had was for a mk6 GTD ; that took eight months back in 2011 for ordering to taking delivery.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl