Author Topic: Lead times  (Read 31526 times)

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
Re: Lead times
« Reply #40 on: 04 February 2021, 09:08 »
I was one of the lucky ones who got bw6 on the R.

Ordered direct via inchcape VW on pch. However I know someone who ordered the very next day who has not been given a confirmed build week yet so has cancelled.

However I’ve been the position of waiting for months for a mk gti and Gtd for the wife. Can be very frustrating.

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #41 on: 04 February 2021, 14:18 »
Does anyone know how to use the VW order tracking system? I have finally received my customer order number but Where the system says to enter the info it actually asks for the VIN not the order number. I’m just trying to get to the bottom of what’s actually happening to my now delayed GTI. Thanks.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #42 on: 04 February 2021, 14:25 »
*I was wrong, ignore me!*

correct answer below
« Last Edit: 04 February 2021, 14:39 by fredgroves »
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #43 on: 04 February 2021, 14:28 »
Does anyone know how to use the VW order tracking system? I have finally received my customer order number but Where the system says to enter the info it actually asks for the VIN not the order number. I’m just trying to get to the bottom of what’s actually happening to my now delayed GTI. Thanks.

Use this link: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/my#/owners-and-drivers/my/cars/402849e7631b7dfb01635dedc14a090f

Scroll down and Click 'My VV' and sign in
Once signed in click 'my cars' at the top
Click add a car and then 'a car i ordered'
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 04 February 2021, 14:38 »
^^^Actually he's right.

I followed that and my order is in there.

Typical confusing identical looking VW systems!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #45 on: 04 February 2021, 14:43 »

Thanks, I’ve managed to get into the system. It’s good to see that it thinks my car is being built, it’s a shame that it’s not.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 04 February 2021, 14:51 »
You don't get the stepped tracker?

Mine says "its with the dealer" but who knows what else it might say?

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #47 on: 04 February 2021, 14:59 »
Stepped tracker? It does say it’s at stage 4of7 build in progress. But that’s utter rubbish as the dealer confirmed it hasn’t even started the build due to various excuses. I did ask him this morning if he was aware of the semi-conductor shortages as well? He was surprised I knew about it and wouldn’t comment on that also delaying things.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #48 on: 04 February 2021, 15:06 »
You used to see this:

Which is 7 steps.... step 4 is build in progress.... that usually means its got a planned production week and its right now.

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #49 on: 09 February 2021, 18:31 »
I just got a call from my dealer today giving me a build date of week 18 so realistically it will arrive in June. I'll pick up on 1st of July so I get the new reg plate. It changes from 211 to 212 in July.

That's a 6 month wait as I ordered it the first week of January. Hard going but first world problems so I'll just grin and bare it.   :rolleyes:
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver