Author Topic: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT  (Read 6422 times)

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
Re: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT
« Reply #10 on: 07 September 2013, 15:44 »
I don't think any one has really had any problems with the longer than usual  wait as it was expected.  It is the general d1cking about with build dates and poor communication / lies which has p1ssed alot of people off.

For a company this big they should have it together better than this.  You'd think no ones launched a new car before..
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Ricepop

« Reply #11 on: 07 September 2013, 15:50 »
I still have another 5-6 weeks left to wait :sad:. At least I get my courtesy car next week.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 07 September 2013, 16:22 »
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen...... I am new to this forum, However i feel that for all of us who will soon be the very proud owners of the new mk7 GTI/GTD and for those lucky enough to already have there cars should rejoice in the fact that we are all or soon to be very very lucky people. :grin:
I like your attitude you are like a breath of fresh air  :grin:

Yes, except he's only been waiting since 15th July, not end of March/first week of April like a lot of others - so easier said than done.

Think yourself lucky that all you have to worry about is the fact your new car is late :rolleyes:,what are you going to do when one of lifes real problems comes along.

Who said all I have to worry about is that my new car is late? Very presumptuous of you.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline tambourine

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 07 September 2013, 16:52 »
I don't think any one has really had any problems with the longer than usual  wait as it was expected.  It is the general d1cking about with build dates and poor communication / lies which has p1ssed alot of people off.

For a company this big they should have it together better than this.  You'd think no ones launched a new car before..

I think that the biggest problem with VW is that they always underestimate Supply and Demand. :angry: And after all these years one should hope that the formula would have got easier.?? But life goes on... :laugh:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 07 September 2013, 17:44 »
they don't underestimate they do it on purpose. they know exactly what they are doing make no mistake about that.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 07 September 2013, 18:43 »
Think yourself lucky that all you have to worry about is the fact your new car is late :rolleyes:,what are you going to do when one of lifes real problems comes along.

When one of life's real problems does come along it doesn't usually ask you for £26k. A nice new car is supposed to be one of lifes pleasures, not a major PITA, I get enough of those.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 07 September 2013, 18:48 »

When one of life's real problems does come along it doesn't usually ask you for £26k. A nice new car is supposed to be one of lifes pleasures, not a major PITA, I get enough of those.

Agreed! Although the longer I wait the more I find myself falling in love with my Scirocco again.  Overtook 5 cars and a lorry in one go today when I was in a rush, and it made such short work of it.  Love that car, so much better than the Boxster I owned before.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 07 September 2013, 18:55 »

Agreed! Although the longer I wait the more I find myself falling in love with my Scirocco again.  Overtook 5 cars and a lorry in one go today when I was in a rush, and it made such short work of it.  Love that car, so much better than the Boxster I owned before.

Still liking my Scirocco a lot. The Scirocco being such a nice car has made me think about cancelling the GTD a few times when my BW jumped from 26 to 33. It certainly beats being in a powder blue Beetle while waiting for the MK7.  :whistle:

I think it's quite satisfying to know that with all the arsing around that came with my order, my Scirocco has depreciated so much in the extended wait that my dealer is going to make almost f**k-all from it.
« Last Edit: 07 September 2013, 18:57 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 07 September 2013, 19:22 »
Never been a big fan of the scirocco. From the from it looks okay but the rear is end is fugly and the proportions are all wrong

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #19 on: 07 September 2013, 19:51 »
It's a Golf GTI, it's special.

Some of you have waited a bit longer than you thought you would, it'll be here soon.

This car is well worth waiting for and I really hope you all enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.