Author Topic: Tracker panic  (Read 8644 times)

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
Re: Tracker panic
« Reply #30 on: 08 September 2013, 11:09 »
Back up   :smiley: but no change to my status , still on build in progress ! Why why why , been on a full week now , I thought it took 2 to 4 days ? Oh well the wait continues  :angry:

Not to dash your hopes, and I hope yours moves through more quickly.  But mine was "Build in progress" for three weeks.

Same here! Been building it since 16th August, it's utter boll@cks  :angry:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #31 on: 08 September 2013, 11:22 »
Tracker back up and its changed for me from build confirmed to Build in Progress....at last
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 08 September 2013, 18:08 »
Cheers H5O - I've got a standard 3 door in white on order, only option is the service pack.  Was ordered towards the end of June, I have a build week of 22 September and expected delivery of end of October, all being well.

Suppose calling the interior Jacara would be too simple, far better they have me fretting everytime I check the tracker......!

Glad to help :nerd:

You're so close to me. I'm build week confirmed 29 September.

Get your spec up matey. Join the club :wink:

Hope you got a good deal from Scotswood Road, Benfield were not competitive for me (especially Silverlink). Trying to get any appreciable discount or freebies out of them was like pulling teeth (and I have a mate who works there in sales!). They wouldn't commit to a fixed part ex either - they gave me a variable figure, guaranteeing at least £1900 equity (based on the equity I had in it on the day of enquiry). They have been ok in the past, but for my last 2 cars I have gone to Pulman for a better deal. Not a bad lead time on your order - always a bonus!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline 5552north

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 09 September 2013, 10:24 »
Cheers H5O - I've got a standard 3 door in white on order, only option is the service pack.  Was ordered towards the end of June, I have a build week of 22 September and expected delivery of end of October, all being well.

Suppose calling the interior Jacara would be too simple, far better they have me fretting everytime I check the tracker......!

Hope you got a good deal from Scotswood Road, Benfield were not competitive for me (especially Silverlink). Trying to get any appreciable discount or freebies out of them was like pulling teeth (and I have a mate who works there in sales!). They wouldn't commit to a fixed part ex either - they gave me a variable figure, guaranteeing at least £1900 equity (based on the equity I had in it on the day of enquiry). They have been ok in the past, but for my last 2 cars I have gone to Pulman for a better deal. Not a bad lead time on your order - always a bonus!

I was happy enough with my deal from the Scotswood Road branch, looking back, once I'd ordered it you always find other dealerships who may have offered more, or use Drive the Deal - but I have a 09 plate MKVI GTI to part ex and couldn't be bothered trying to sell it privately etc so was reasonably content with the value they gave me.

To be honest though, they had me right where they wanted me, I was offered an hours unsupervised test drive straight away and they obviously know what they were doing as I signed up as soon as I got back ha!  Not saying I didn't get a discount but looks as though other people may have got more.

At the end of the day, I look at things like this, if I'm happy with the overall deal and the monthly payments then that's enough for me - you could forever chase a deal that makes a difference of a few quid either way, as long as you're happy with the deal you have then that's good enough for me.

After reading the length of time people have had to wait on here, I emailed the dealership to see if my order would be delayed, and to their credit, they got back to me with the build week date etc long before the tracker was updated so can't say fairer than that.

My biggest problem at the minute is trying to work out what cleaning products to buy in order to keep my first white car clean!!  :smiley:

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 09 September 2013, 10:39 »

I was happy enough with my deal from the Scotswood Road branch, looking back, once I'd ordered it you always find other dealerships who may have offered more, or use Drive the Deal - but I have a 09 plate MKVI GTI to part ex and couldn't be bothered trying to sell it privately etc so was reasonably content with the value they gave me.

To be honest though, they had me right where they wanted me, I was offered an hours unsupervised test drive straight away and they obviously know what they were doing as I signed up as soon as I got back ha!  Not saying I didn't get a discount but looks as though other people may have got more.

At the end of the day, I look at things like this, if I'm happy with the overall deal and the monthly payments then that's enough for me - you could forever chase a deal that makes a difference of a few quid either way, as long as you're happy with the deal you have then that's good enough for me.

After reading the length of time people have had to wait on here, I emailed the dealership to see if my order would be delayed, and to their credit, they got back to me with the build week date etc long before the tracker was updated so can't say fairer than that.

My biggest problem at the minute is trying to work out what cleaning products to buy in order to keep my first white car clean!!  :smiley:

Big thumbs up for G-techniq

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/gtechniq-c2-liquid-crystal-v3/prod_1040.html

Offline 5552north

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 09 September 2013, 10:53 »
Cheers for that, will give that product a go I think.