Author Topic: Order to delivery  (Read 3163 times)

Offline GrahamS

• Not said much yet
Order to delivery
« on: 04 September 2013, 21:34 »
Given the ordering chaos as described on this forum, can anyone here give me an informed guess as to when I should place an order for delivery for March/April/May 2014.

Thanks in advance.
GTI, 5door, Pure White, PP,ACC, Nav Pro, RVC, Winter. Ordered 18/10/13. Suggested build week 4/14

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Order to delivery
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2013, 21:36 »
I'm looking at 26 weeks. Maybe knock 4 off that as they'll have sorted their issues (maybe) - but it'll be a minimum of 20 weeks IMO.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2013, 21:38 »
Given the ordering chaos as described on this forum, can anyone here give me an informed guess as to when I should place an order for delivery for March/April/May 2014.

Thanks in advance.

About two months ago  :grin: :grin:

Seriously, I would suspect that VW will have got their act together by then but i would still say beginning of December or somewhere round about that point

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2013, 21:39 »
I'm 22 weeks now and car still hasn't been built! looking at minimum 26 weeks more likely nearer 28  :huh:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline GrahamS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2013, 22:02 »
Thanks for your replies.
Still a great deal of uncertainty compounded by my wanting a RV camera, which is currently not available.
As a matter of interest, how much of a difference do add-ons make to delivery times?
GTI, 5door, Pure White, PP,ACC, Nav Pro, RVC, Winter. Ordered 18/10/13. Suggested build week 4/14

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2013, 22:16 »
Mine was 20 weeks from order to delivery.  If options are in stock, they shouldn't affect things too much.  At the end of the day you are going to be limited by the fact that production of GTI and GTD is limited anyway, although clearly the camera is one problem at the moment.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2013, 22:21 »
Thanks for your replies.
Still a great deal of uncertainty compounded by my wanting a RV camera, which is currently not available.
As a matter of interest, how much of a difference do add-ons make to delivery times?

I think the only problem to date in terms of the options has been the reported shortage of reverse cameras. Other than that, the delays have mostly been caused by VW's poor service/commitment to their UK customers.

Hopefully they are beginning to get their act together and we are starting to see far more cars making there way over to these shores  :smiley:

I keep repeating myself but I don't know what the fascination is with these reverse cameras. If they are going to delay your order by weeks/months, why not just remove it unless you require it for health reasons I.e bad back etc.

Offline GrahamS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 04 September 2013, 22:27 »
O.K.
Clearly, regardless of lead times, by wanting the RV cam my order must wait until this becomes available which, by definition, is an unknown  variable.

Offline GrahamS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 04 September 2013, 22:40 »
Hi CraigW.
Just nice to have, and although fast delivery is desirable, I am able to suppress those "now" symptoms so as to get the car with the additions that I want. 

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 04 September 2013, 22:56 »
Hi CraigW.
Just nice to have, and although fast delivery is desirable, I am able to suppress those "now" symptoms so as to get the car with the additions that I want.

Good on you. If the wait doesn't bother you then you should get what you want :smiley: