Author Topic: GTi red or white?  (Read 9704 times)

Offline Trickyterrier

• Not said much yet
GTi red or white?
« on: 04 September 2013, 17:51 »
Torn between red or white, which looks best?

Cheers
Richard

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Re: GTi red or white?
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2013, 17:53 »
Pure White all the way. No contest :laugh:

Seriously. Colour is the most subjective thing. Everyone, and I mean everyone has a different opinion.

You'll wish you never asked :wink:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2013, 17:54 »
I'd say the consensus here would be white but it's a very personal choice. Red can look stunning too.

With white, it immediately stands out as a GTI, with the red detailing (calipers, grill) being very noticeable. I think that detailing gets a bit lost on a red car.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2013, 17:58 »
Do a poll.

The answer will be 90% white though!  So pick white for the best or pick red for the more exclusive.

Also is it GTI or GTD? GTD has the benefit of the grey detailing contrasting well with the red.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2013, 18:02 »
I'd say the consensus here would be white but it's a very personal choice. Red can look stunning too.

With white, it immediately stands out as a GTI, with the red detailing (calipers, grill) being very noticeable. I think that detailing gets a bit lost on a red car.

But on the other hand, a white GTI or GTD runs the risk of blending into a sea of white cars on the road. As reds go, Tornado is a stunning shade (unlike Salsa Red on the Scirocco  :sick:). I think a red Golf (in any model variant) has more presence on the road just because there are fewer red cars out there. You need to go and look at both, only you can make that decision!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2013, 18:04 »

But on the other hand, a white GTI or GTD runs the risk of blending into a sea of white cars on the road. As reds go, Tornado is a stunning shade (unlike Salsa Red on the Scirocco  :sick:). I think a red Golf (in any model variant) has more presence on the road just because there are fewer red cars out there. You need to go and look at both, only you can make that decision!

I absolutely agree. A friend of mine has an Edition 30 in tornado red and it is a serious head turner, it looks as good as new after 6 years. He does mind it like a baby though!

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2013, 18:05 »
I still think this white thing is somewhat dependant on area.  I can't say that white is all that popular around Cambridge/East Anglia.  Various shades of silver, grey and black are far more common.  Its probably near the middle in terms of popularity at most where I live.

On a GTI however white is probably close to 50% popular!

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 04 September 2013, 18:07 »
I have the same opinion as Joe. I picked white purely because it highlights more of the black trim on the front of the car and really makes it stand out. I have always had black cars but was frustrated by how difficult they are to keep clean. So far the white has been far easier to maintain. The majority on here have probably went for white but you won't go wrong with whatever colour you choose, it's personal preference. You have to be happy that you can live with your choice. :smiley:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 04 September 2013, 18:08 »
I still think this white thing is somewhat dependant on area.  I can't say that white is all that popular around Cambridge/East Anglia.  Various shades of silver, grey and black are far more common.  Its probably near the middle in terms of popularity at most where I live.

On a GTI however white is probably close to 50% popular!

Colour is a funny thing - just saw a disgusting metallic brown Q7 - why spend £70k on a car and have a sh!te colour? I do like to stand out in a good way - love the look of my Rising Blue Roc against the sea of candy white ones in my area.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 04 September 2013, 18:14 »
Torn between red or white, which looks best?

Cheers
Richard

CSG?  Have you thought about CSG?  :grin:
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13