Author Topic: How do I check options on new GTi  (Read 6390 times)

Offline vidman2

• Here all the time
How do I check options on new GTi
« on: 04 September 2013, 12:55 »
Hope this is not a silly question but -

My new GTi is due end of the month and I would appreciate any guidance on how to tell if it has all the options I ordered, I know some such as Mud Flaps and Sat Nav are obvious but is there an easy way to tell if these are on the car with a visual check as testing them all on a test drive is really an option as I guess a long read of the manual is needed to understand how they all work.

Performance Pack
ACC
Winter Pack
Park Assist
2015 R DSG. Limestone Grey, DCC, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Reversing Camera    plus   2013 Mk7 GTi DSG - Performance, Navigation, Winter Pack, DCC, Park Assist,

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: How do I check options on new GTi
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2013, 13:00 »

My new GTi is due end of the month and I would appreciate any guidance on how to tell if it has all the options I ordered, I know some such as Mud Flaps and Sat Nav are obvious but is there an easy way to tell if these are on the car with a visual check as testing them all on a test drive is really an option as I guess a long read of the manual is needed to understand how they all work.

Performance Pack
ACC
Winter Pack
Park Assist

For Performance Pack you will have the GTI logo on the front red brake callipers. If it doesnt have the logo then it doesnt have PP

ACC - The only way of telling is if you have comfort mode when you go into your suspension settings. I think only ACC has comfort mode

Winter Pack - You should have the heated seats buttons just below the climate control dials

Im not sure about Park Assist

Hope this helps  :smiley:

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2013, 13:03 »
Park assist - there is a button on one side of the gearstick (RHS I think) with a steering wheel on it
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2013, 13:03 »

Performance Pack
ACC
Winter Pack
Park Assist

For Performance Pack you will have the GTI logo on the front red brake callipers. If it doesnt have the logo then it doesnt have PP

ACC - The only way of telling is if you have comfort mode when you go into your suspension settings. I think only ACC has comfort mode

Winter Pack - You should have the heated seats buttons just below the climate control dials

Im not sure about Park Assist

Hope this helps  :smiley:

Just to add to this, the adaptive chassis control means there should be a specific option in the nav menu (I think it is called "DCC" for dynamic chassis control).  For winter pack the heated seats works, but only if you do not have leather because they have heated seats anyway.  For park assist there will be an extra parking distance sensor positioned beside the front wheel archs.  Non park assist cars have the sensors at the front of the car but not the ones facing 90° at the sides.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2013, 13:16 »
Park assist, there'll be extra parking sensors on the sides of the bumpers. No sensors on sides of bumpers with normal parking sensors.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline vidman2

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2013, 15:02 »
Thanks everyone, at least now I know what I am looking for. Picking up a new car is always a stressful time especially as some salesmen try and rush you through the collection process and can get ratty when I take my time.

To make sure I check everything I have prepared a check list for myself and now with your information I can complete it.

Thanks again everyone
2015 R DSG. Limestone Grey, DCC, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Reversing Camera    plus   2013 Mk7 GTi DSG - Performance, Navigation, Winter Pack, DCC, Park Assist,

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2013, 15:03 »
So do standard Gti Spec get park sensors in the bumpers at all??
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #7 on: 04 September 2013, 15:10 »

Yes, but the Park assist adds them right next to the wheels, set into the bumbers
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 04 September 2013, 15:11 »

Yes they get normal parking sensors which work really well

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #9 on: 04 September 2013, 15:25 »

Yes they get normal parking sensors which work really well

Yeah, if you look at this picture you'll see the park assist sensors just forward of the front wheels.  It has a kind of double indent which distinguishes it from the regular PDC sensors.  You can then see the first two of these "parking distance control" sensors, one above the fog lights and the next to the far right of the picture.  There should be four in total to the front of the car and four more to the rear.