Author Topic: GTD Deal  (Read 8322 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTD Deal
« Reply #10 on: 23 August 2013, 22:09 »
Wait until you can Voluntary terminate you finance agreement which is once you have paid half the total amount payable.

+1.

Rule of halves.

Except this could effect your credit rating and stop you getting a deal in the future.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 23 August 2013, 22:30 »
Just going to wait until Monday and ask if he could get me a little more on the trade in then he has a deal. See what happens...
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 23 August 2013, 22:34 »
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #14 on: 23 August 2013, 22:44 »
Just going to wait until Monday and ask if he could get me a little more on the trade in then he has a deal. See what happens...

I think that if he sees you as serious and you give him the opportunity to make a sale you'll get what you want.

I believe one sales tactic is to hold a little back so that when the customer is wavering and just about to say ok they can suddenly add on that tiny little bit extra to push you over the edge.  Something physiological about being given a little more when you're trying to think things over.

Anyway assuming he does the above just say you'll sign up right now but you need just a bit more on the p/x (or whatever) and you'll probably get it I think.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 23 August 2013, 22:57 »
Wait until you can Voluntary terminate you finance agreement which is once you have paid half the total amount payable.

+1.

Rule of halves.

Except this could effect your credit rating and stop you getting a deal in the future.

Couldn't do this on a standard GTI or GTD in the future - the GFV is such that you'll never reach the halfway point in 3 years. Just about possible on a well specced example, but at halfway point on that you'd be within a few months of the end of your agreement.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 24 August 2013, 20:32 »
Voluntary termination is an option but I would have to wait another 9 months I think...

Just a thought but the residual value seems pretty low on the GTD. Would of thought it would be pretty strong considering the prices on some 3/4 year old GTDs with 80k miles on the clock!
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 24 August 2013, 21:14 »
Just a thought but the residual value seems pretty low on the GTD. Would of thought it would be pretty strong considering the prices on some 3/4 year old GTDs with 80k miles on the clock!

Well at least you won't be in -ve territory again when you eventually sell the GTD  :wink:
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 24 August 2013, 23:33 »
Voluntary termination is an option but I would have to wait another 9 months I think...

What would you consider a strong residual? guaranteed future vale (GFV) of 56%, it doesn't get much better than that for new cars. In reality you'll probably see 60% at part-ex time (GTI GFV is 51%). When you see those MK6 GTD prices - don't forget that'll be retail price, those dealers need to make a profit. If you buy a £25k GTD and in 3 years time you get £15k part-ex, the dealership will be looking for £17-18k on the forecourt.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 25 August 2013, 10:14 »

What would you consider a strong residual? guaranteed future vale (GFV) of 56%, it doesn't get much better than that for new cars. In reality you'll probably see 60% at part-ex time (GTI GFV is 51%). When you see those MK6 GTD prices - don't forget that'll be retail price, those dealers need to make a profit. If you buy a £25k GTD and in 3 years time you get £15k part-ex, the dealership will be looking for £17-18k on the forecourt.

True, hopefully the prices of GTD's stay strong.