Author Topic: GTD Deal  (Read 8324 times)

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
GTD Deal
« on: 23 August 2013, 18:12 »
Okay, after not getting anywhere with the local dealer regarding a deal on a new GTD. I turned to this forum and Drive the Deal.
I wasn't sure about DTD as I didn't want to pay a deposit without first speaking to a dealer.

Today I found a website www.carwow.co.uk, put in my spec and within a couple of hours a few dealers had left me quotes. One dealer around 100 miles away left me a descent price but I asked if he would match the Drive the Deal price and he agreed to this if I pick the car up from them.

Anyway he can do me a Golf GTD 3dr DSG in carbon grey w/ discovery nav pro, park assist, winter pack and keyless for £26224 which is a 12% discount and delivery in December(!!!)

Now my problem is I have a 2011 VW Polo GTI to get rid off, 44k miles. He said he would offer me £8000 in December at that point my finance will be just below £10000 :(

What would you do?
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
Re: GTD Deal
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2013, 18:17 »
Congrats on the good deal Stuart - for a brand new GTD order I would have thought that December was being a bit optimistic.  I was under the impression any new orders from now will be Feb 2014 deliveries at the earliest.
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2013, 18:18 »
Congrats on the good deal Stuart - for a brand new GTD order I would have thought that December was being a bit optimistic.  I was under the impression any new orders from now will be Feb 2014 deliveries at the earliest.
Yeah, not to sure whether to believe that lead time or not...
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2013, 18:21 »
Regardless of deal, if you are in negative equity with your current car, buying a new one isn't the smartest idea as that void will only grow larger as you drive away the new one.  If you can stomach it, and really want the car, by all means go for it, but I'd be thinking twice about my priorities. Sorry to be blunt!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2013, 18:57 »
Regardless of deal, if you are in negative equity with your current car, buying a new one isn't the smartest idea as that void will only grow larger as you drive away the new one.  If you can stomach it, and really want the car, by all means go for it, but I'd be thinking twice about my priorities. Sorry to be blunt!
Yes I understand, but I messed up with my mileage on the last deal and I'm now paying the consequences!
if I keep the car I'm going to be in the same situation 6 months down the line...

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2013, 18:58 »
Okay, after not getting anywhere with the local dealer regarding a deal on a new GTD. I turned to this forum and Drive the Deal.
I wasn't sure about DTD as I didn't want to pay a deposit without first speaking to a dealer.

Today I found a website www.carwow.co.uk, put in my spec and within a couple of hours a few dealers had left me quotes. One dealer around 100 miles away left me a descent price but I asked if he would match the Drive the Deal price and he agreed to this if I pick the car up from them.

Anyway he can do me a Golf GTD 3dr DSG in carbon grey w/ discovery nav pro, park assist, winter pack and keyless for £26224 which is a 12% discount and delivery in December(!!!)

Now my problem is I have a 2011 VW Polo GTI to get rid off, 44k miles. He said he would offer me £8000 in December at that point my finance will be just below £10000 :(

What would you do?

Take the deal and flog the Polo privately?  Not sure you can get £2k more for it though, sounds a bit of a stretch.  Can any of the other dealers give you a better p/x?

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2013, 19:03 »

What would you do?

Take the deal and flog the Polo privately?  Not sure you can get £2k more for it though, sounds a bit of a stretch.  Can any of the other dealers give you a better p/x?

That would be the ideal situation, sell it to clear the finance and start again.

Got offered a better P/X from my local dealer but no discount on the new car :(

Andy_cs

« Reply #7 on: 23 August 2013, 19:17 »
Get the Dec delivery and 8K PX in writing, by the time the new GTD arrives you will be in profit

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #8 on: 23 August 2013, 20:38 »
Wait until you can Voluntary terminate you finance agreement which is once you have paid half the total amount payable.

Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline TDI-line

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 23 August 2013, 21:06 »
Wait until you can Voluntary terminate you finance agreement which is once you have paid half the total amount payable.

+1.

Rule of halves.
2019: MK7.5 GTI TCR: DEEP GREY / BLACK ROOF: REIFNITZ PERFORMANCE PACK: DYNAUDIO: AKRAPOVIC: UTR DASHCAMS