Author Topic: Rear View Camera Order Delay  (Read 15653 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: Rear View Camera Order Delay
« Reply #50 on: 02 July 2013, 07:08 »
Well said p3asa, although I'm sure if it was standard kit, it would be considered much less of a gimmick!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline MJ-GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #51 on: 05 September 2013, 10:51 »
Just got this email from my dealer less than half an hour ago...

Hi,

A bulletin has just appeared from Volkswagen saying that the rear camera option has been removed from our factory ordering system temporarily. This is the message we got –

The rear-view camera for both Golf Hatchback and the new Golf Estate (KA1) will be removed from ordering from Monday 1 July until further notice.

This is because of limited capacity and stronger than expected demand on this option, which could cause delays in production.

KA1 will be removed from Stock, Showroom and Demonstrator orders that have not yet scheduled to free up supply for tagged orders.

We hope to reintroduce this soon.

It is an inexpensive option now that the touchscreen radio is standard on Golfs, as opposed to the MK6 Golf where a radio upgrade was required first, which is why it has been popular.

They are still going to include it with orders already in the system, but any new customers won’t be able to order it as an option.

I would suggest that this is probably what’s holding up your order but then again we have GTI/GTDs on order with no camera option and they are still not being built yet. I don’t know whether to suggest removing it from your order or just leaving things as they are. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Regards

*Mr Dealer*

I have rear view camera specced on my order. I ordered on 29th March and have an unconfirmed BW 34. I hope this isn't going to put it back any further, as I'm already not at all pleased having to wait so long for such an early order!!

Any other guys out there ordered rear view camera?  :huh:

I suppose this bulletin was only sent to VW uk, I spoke to my dealer (south Africa) yesterday regarding the rear view camera delays and he said he is not aware of the issue and my car will still be built (provisionally scheduled for build week 43) with the same spec I requested, including the rear view camera.
Current: Mk7 GTI | 5-Door | Pure White | DSG |

Previous: VW Polo 1.6 Comfortline

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #52 on: 05 September 2013, 14:36 »
I suppose this bulletin was only sent to VW uk, I spoke to my dealer (south Africa) yesterday regarding the rear view camera delays and he said he is not aware of the issue and my car will still be built (provisionally scheduled for build week 43) with the same spec I requested, including the rear view camera.
Do SA golfs also come from Wolfsburg?  Bit odd.

Offline earp

• Not said much yet
« Reply #53 on: 05 September 2013, 14:51 »

The same is true for Sweden, no information about rear view camera delays, and no problem ordering.
Manual Tornado Red GTD with Discover Nav, Adaptive chassis control, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Keyless entry, Tow bar,  Lane & Light Assist, Xeon with Led, Diesel Parking Heater

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 05 September 2013, 17:12 »
Just had some replies to my twitter conversation with VW who are saying i need to contact my dealer for everything now but theyve noticed I have the rear view camera on order so that could be causing delays. Total and utter bullsh!t as others are collecting cars with cameras in who ordered after me. VW are a f4cking disgrace!!!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #55 on: 05 September 2013, 17:31 »
Just had some replies to my twitter conversation with VW who are saying i need to contact my dealer for everything now but theyve noticed I have the rear view camera on order so that could be causing delays. Total and utter bullsh!t as others are collecting cars with cameras in who ordered after me. VW are a f4cking disgrace!!!

Have you had a new delay? :sad:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #56 on: 05 September 2013, 17:58 »
it's been one big f4cking delay since April bear. piss poor customer service from vwuk and now we have a build fortnight. when I was told you'll get your car when we say so I didn't think it would get any worse!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline MJ-GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #57 on: 05 September 2013, 20:32 »
Do SA golfs also come from Wolfsburg?  Bit odd.

Yes . . . VWSA only manufactures  VW Polos.
Current: Mk7 GTI | 5-Door | Pure White | DSG |

Previous: VW Polo 1.6 Comfortline