Author Topic: Rear View Camera Order Delay  (Read 15656 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Rear View Camera Order Delay
« Reply #20 on: 30 June 2013, 14:09 »
it's far from a gimmick. extremely good parking aid that helps people like myself with back and neck issues. probably less gimmicky than keyless entry!
« Last Edit: 30 June 2013, 14:11 by mcmaddy »
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline firefly125

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 30 June 2013, 14:53 »
Must admit I thought keyless was a massive waste of dosh , but have it on my present ride a megane rs 250 & it's become a godsend when hands full with child & shopping etc no more scrabbling about wondering which bl**dy pocket I stuck keys in !

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 30 June 2013, 15:08 »
Keyless is not so good if you do water sports like myself.  I surf regularly and Keyless entry would be a nightmare when on the odd occasion you have to leave the keys in or near the car, (not all the time). I do have a waterproof diving bag for my Key but I take a 3rd spare key which I have cut in to the water in case I lose it.  So in my scenario Keyless is not so great if left with the car.   

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #23 on: 30 June 2013, 15:48 »
Brenbo, I wonder if you can get a pouch lined with a metal mesh that would block the key's signal?

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 30 June 2013, 16:00 »
Not a bad idea.  Maybe a pouch like the ones you can get that block a phones signal.  I have seen Back Packs and Laptop bags with pockets that block Phone signals, but am unsure if will work with Keyless entry fob?  If anyone has a Keyless Entry fob and is willing to try locking a set of the keys in the car let me know your results.  Is the signal blockable from the fob when stored in the car boot for example. 

Since everything went electronic on Key Fobs it has become increasingly harder to lock the car and store the key's in a safe place when doing watersports.  I am interested in finding out if it is possible to block the signal of keyless entry key's for future reference. 

I think it was Audi who used to intentionally produce a windsurfing key which was the blade without the fob.  But have not heard of anything like this in age's 

Thanks for your input Bill. 

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #25 on: 30 June 2013, 18:24 »
It's still just a gimmick to impress your mates with  :wink:

I disagree.  Granted it's not something you need, but then that whole "need vs want" argument applies to the entire car.  It is, however, something that works and is useful pretty much every time I'll use the car.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 30 June 2013, 19:33 »
No pouch needed -

Extract from the owners manual:

Response when locking the vehicle with a
second vehicle key
If a vehicle key is located inside the vehicle, the
vehicle will only lock from the outside if a second
valid vehicle key is located outside the vehicle,
within the operating range of the Keyless Access
system.

some pages of the manual are here: https://rapidshare.com/#!download|735p1|3850192579|Golf%20Mark%20VII%20Owners%20Manual.pdf|51167|0|0|1|referer-C9FC501AA060FA0821FF5D6B6C1BC621
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 30 June 2013, 19:41 »
No pouch needed -

Extract from the owners manual:

Response when locking the vehicle with a
second vehicle key
If a vehicle key is located inside the vehicle, the
vehicle will only lock from the outside if a second
valid vehicle key is located outside the vehicle,
within the operating range of the Keyless Access
system.

some pages of the manual are here: https://rapidshare.com/#!download|735p1|3850192579|Golf%20Mark%20VII%20Owners%20Manual.pdf|51167|0|0|1|referer-C9FC501AA060FA0821FF5D6B6C1BC621

But I thought his point was that he didn't want to take the key into the water.  So he needs to lock the car, then leave the key hidden near the vehicle.  I could be wrong though...

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 30 June 2013, 19:55 »
I don't really understand the issue, is it not just as risky with a normal key?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 30 June 2013, 22:24 »
I don't really understand the issue, is it not just as risky with a normal key?

I thought I had understood it but I might be wrong.

Normal key has no electronics so can be taken into the water where it is on your person at all times.  Presumably it goes in a water proof pouch, but this isn't 100% guarantee, keeps rust off though.

Because it is not 100% guarantee its too risky to take a keyless key into the water... But you also can't hide it near the vehicle or in the vehicle or anyone can gain access and pinch your stuff.  If you can block the keyless signal with a metal lined pouch then you could conceal the key near the car safely (unless someone finds it!).

... Did I get that right?