Author Topic: Honest "real-world" mpg predictions for the GTI & GTI PP  (Read 21696 times)

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
Re: Honest "real-world" mpg predictions for the GTI & GTI PP
« Reply #40 on: 03 September 2013, 20:30 »
Quick update. 1000 miles covered now. Average mpg is 38mpg. In my last tank I did 410 miles of mixed driving with at least 70/80 of them attacking b-roads. I'm very impressed especially as the tank is only 50l compared to 55. The range showed 20 miles so that shows 450 miles is well do-able when engine beds in more. No that is my only post regarding mpg as I usually never care about mpg in a GTI !! The things I do for you guys  :laugh: :laugh:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 03 September 2013, 20:37 »
Quick update. 1000 miles covered now. Average mpg is 38mpg. In my last tank I did 410 miles of mixed driving with at least 70/80 of them attacking b-roads. I'm very impressed especially as the tank is only 50l compared to 55. The range showed 20 miles so that shows 450 miles is well do-able when engine beds in more. No that is my only post regarding mpg as I usually never care about mpg in a GTI !! The things I do for you guys  :laugh: :laugh:

Brilliant!  Thanks for the update, this is music to my ears  :grin:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #42 on: 03 September 2013, 22:21 »

I've only done about 160 miles but my trip details showed 400 miles total potential of what has been mixed driving with a reasonable amount of motorway driving.  Very impressed, although after showing off in it tonight to my mate, that average MPG will have dropped some!  :grin:  Like you though, I tend not to monitor it as it is what it is and you accept that when you buy the car.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #43 on: 07 September 2013, 21:06 »
400 from the last few fill ups.

That's 20 better with 5l a smaller tank.

:cool:
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 08 September 2013, 13:54 »
Just done shy of 1000 miles now and averaging 33.2mpg which is okay, not great but not terrible. Certainly better than my TT where I was getting approx 29mpg so an improvement for me in that respect