Author Topic: Discounts on new GTD?  (Read 13137 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Discounts on new GTD?
« Reply #40 on: 19 August 2013, 23:22 »
I believe drive the deal are pretty much the best for deals right now, with discounts on not only the car, but specced options too. The broker will give you a p/x price if it is something that is desirable for them to sell on their used lot (they might not be interested in a 7 year old Vauxhall). They aren't going to give you a great price after pushing for 14% discount on the new one - worst case scenario should be WBAC.com valuation.

I have dealt with a broker before - ended up putting me in touch with Lookers of Burnley.

When are you expecting the new car? It is highly unlikely you'll see a new order this side of Christmas, whether you go retail or broker. If you go broker, you have more of a chance getting it sooner as fleet sales will probably have more generous allocation than retail.

What is your current car by the way?
« Last Edit: 19 August 2013, 23:24 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #41 on: 19 August 2013, 23:23 »
Cheers mate

Where did you get the 3,6 discount if you dont mind me asking ?

Mine was 2.8k and I used carbuzz, not sure they still exist.  I'll PM you my dealers details.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 19 August 2013, 23:24 »
From what posters are saying it appears as though dealers have been instructed to lay off the large discounts. It would seem us though those who ordered early have won a watch I'm so much as VW were testing the market to see what demand would be like. Well demand now is far outstripping supply so simple rule of economics - greater demand plus limited supply equals increased prices. You can't blame the dealers from holding off on the large discounts.

Sorry, I know this is not being helpful but it would explain why people ordering now are not getting the discounts we saw at the beginning. A broker at this moment in time may be the only option.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 19 August 2013, 23:27 »
From what posters are saying it appears as though dealers have been instructed to lay off the large discounts. It would seem us though those who ordered early have won a watch I'm so much as VW were testing the market to see what demand would be like. Well demand now is far outstripping supply so simple rule of economics - greater demand plus limited supply equals increased prices. You can't blame the dealers from holding off on the large discounts.

Sorry, I know this is not being helpful but it would explain why people ordering now are not getting the discounts we saw at the beginning. A broker at this moment in time may be the only option.

I would also add that GTD discounts have been harder to come by than GTI discounts from the start. Now the dealers pretty much have their allocation filled until Christmas, they're not so bothered to give a discount right now - broker is therefore the way to go.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 19 August 2013, 23:30 »

I would also add that GTD discounts have been harder to come by than GTI discounts from the start. Now the dealers pretty much have their allocation filled until Christmas, they're not so bothered to give a discount right now - broker is therefore the way to go.

Either that or you settle for a demo with a bigger discount

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 19 August 2013, 23:31 »
I don't think even demos are getting much discount either.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 02 September 2013, 15:04 »
I've been into my local dealer today, looking for:

5 door GTD in pure white, dynaudio, sunroof, winter pack, Pro nav. Was offered £6500 for my mk6 with approx 76k on come March 2014.

No discount

I understand the allocation thing but as a repeat customer of this dealership since 2002, I like a deal. Oh well...time to shop around

What’s the WBAC.com valuation on your car? My dad got £5500 p/x against his 2007 (07) MK5 Golf GT 170TDI with 118k miles on for his GTD. £6500 for yours seems pretty low, considering it’s a minimum of 2 years younger (is that the 160TSI 1.4 twin charge?). Definitely time to shop around for you, that dealer is taking the piss.