Author Topic: Discounts on new GTD?  (Read 13138 times)

Offline falconmick

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf MK7 R
Re: Discounts on new GTD?
« Reply #10 on: 01 April 2013, 23:27 »
Drive the deal offering over 10% discount 2.0 GT TDI 5 door

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 02 April 2013, 04:43 »
Drive the deal offering over 10% discount 2.0 GT TDI 5 door

I'm not surprised
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 02 April 2013, 08:39 »
There are plenty of people reporting abysmal fuel economy on the 150TDI GT (much worse than their MK6 140/170, despite published values well up) within the VWAudi forum and with the solutions deal comparison the GT seems a poor buy over the GTD thanks to much lower retained value. Hopefully the economy issues won't plague the GTD, maybe there are teething troubles on the 150PS unit that need fixing. The generous discounts on UKNEWCARS/Drivethedeal etc for the MK7 GT seem to have appeared quite quickly, but keep in mind you'll get bottom book for your part ex if the supplying dealer takes your car.

ROO1: To put your discount into context, could you tell us what is your current car and what part ex price were you offered in comparison to Parkers current value?

Mine is an 11 plate Scirocco 170TDI GT, Parkers says it is worth £14,650ish and I got £15,500 allowance for it.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 02 April 2013, 12:00 »
The 3 dealers with the 3 levels of discount...did they all offer the same part ex? If the 5% discount dealer offered you 10% less for your part ex (worth approx 1/2 of the new car) then you're no better off than no discount dealer offering 10% more on your part ex.

Yes I placed an order today with the 3.5% dealer as he valued my px at £900 more than the 5% dealer

Are you going to tell us who then ?

Inchcape Telford

Cheers
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 02 April 2013, 17:12 »
There are plenty of people reporting abysmal fuel economy on the 150TDI GT (much worse than their MK6 140/170, despite published values well up) within the VWAudi forum and with the solutions deal comparison the GT seems a poor buy over the GTD thanks to much lower retained value. Hopefully the economy issues won't plague the GTD, maybe there are teething troubles on the 150PS unit that need fixing. The generous discounts on UKNEWCARS/Drivethedeal etc for the MK7 GT seem to have appeared quite quickly, but keep in mind you'll get bottom book for your part ex if the supplying dealer takes your car.

ROO1: To put your discount into context, could you tell us what is your current car and what part ex price were you offered in comparison to Parkers current value?

Mine is an 11 plate Scirocco 170TDI GT, Parkers says it is worth £14,650ish and I got £15,500 allowance for it.

I had a new A3 2.0 tdi 150 for a week last month. Awesome engine, very quick, and still did over 50mpg when really hammered home from work on a mix of a,b roads (23 miles). I'm expecting my GTD to be monstrous
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 03 April 2013, 20:34 »

Interesting about the fuel economy.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline mortimerchris

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 14 April 2013, 18:17 »
The 3 dealers with the 3 levels of discount...did they all offer the same part ex? If the 5% discount dealer offered you 10% less for your part ex (worth approx 1/2 of the new car) then you're no better off than no discount dealer offering 10% more on your part ex.

Yes I placed an order today with the 3.5% dealer as he valued my px at £900 more than the 5% dealer

Are you going to tell us who then ?

Inchcape Telford

Cheers

Who offered 5% and has anyone had better? (Cash buyer, no trade in)
Ordered a Golf GTI DSG Performance Pack in Pure White with Keyless Entry, Dynaudio, Rear View Camera and Panoramic Roof.

Currently driving a Scirocco 170 GT in Night Blue with Bluetooth, Rear Parking Sensors, DAB and Dynaudio.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #17 on: 16 April 2013, 11:31 »
Interesting -- Broadspeed.com are offering a smaller discount this week than last. When I ordered my GTD DSG 3 Door last week I got a 9% discount (cash purchase). This week it's dropped to 8%.

I also researched the GTI DSG 3 Door -- last week you could get a 9.1% discount -- this week it's dropped to 8%. Bummer.

Not great for people ordering this week. I wonder what's made them adjust their percentages down? Demand I guess?

Gaz
« Last Edit: 16 April 2013, 13:18 by Hawaii-Five-O »
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 16 April 2013, 12:06 »
We'll I'm very close to signing for my new GTD and the wife's Polo Blue GT.

Been offered the following off my local VW dealer (whom I've purchased 6 cars from in the past)

List - £31,775.00 - discount - £1550 (approx 4.9%) also £500 more on my part ex than anyone else, as well as free 3 years servicing and cherished plate transfer (on VW PCP Finance)

The wife has been offered:

List £21,115.00 - discount £2000 plus an additional £1000 from VW finance making £3000 total (approx 14%), as well as 250 more on the part ex, free 3 years servicing and cherished plate transfer (on VW PCP Finance)

Does that sound good ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #19 on: 16 April 2013, 12:28 »
Sounds like a very good deal nice discount and of course good prices for your px's which you don't often get both together.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.