Author Topic: Extra Cost for Stage 1 Mods  (Read 1746 times)

Offline dilligolf

• Not said much yet
Extra Cost for Stage 1 Mods
« on: 22 September 2023, 10:07 »
Hi All,

With the adage of you have to pay to play, was considering the average insurance costs for upgrades, for example how much more for:

• Upgraded air intake and turbo elbow, such as the Racingline R600
  • Upgraded exhaust, such as the AWE Touring
  • Stage 1 tune, ECU & DSG (TCU)

Currently with Admiral on a multicar, have not phoned other companies as only at the stage of considerinbg such changes.

Cheers!

Online Adam T7

• I live here
Re: Extra Cost for Stage 1 Mods
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2023, 10:13 »
Impossible to advise without knowing other insurance details as everyone, to a certain extent, has different history, location etc. Just phone around.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2023, 11:37 »
Can only speak for the remapping, but when I was looking at second hand golfs, there were two very similar specced cars at VW, only difference was one had been S1 remapped to around 300bhp (that's all the info VW could give me). I'm also on Admiral multicar, so go in touch to ask the price difference between these two cars. They told me as long as the remap doesn't increase the power by more than 25%, there was no price change compared to stock car. Admiral are quite quick and easy to get quotes for, I did this loads when I was car shopping, just give them a call and ask  :smiley:
2018 GTI PP DSG, Pure White, graphite Sevilles, Art Velours

Offline dilligolf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2023, 11:57 »
Thanks both,

Shall do that.

From reading the golfmk7 forum there seems little gain installing the R600 intake if stock, so might dallbe with a revo trifoam filter for now!

Cheers