Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2827809 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1300 on: 10 October 2014, 14:21 »
£333.88 inc. VAT for the part, unpainted, not fitted.

I'd love to take the complete parts list and ask my dealer for a quote for them all.

I reckon my Golf would probably cost 150k in bits and 75k to put it together.

Robbing bastids!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Tornado8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1301 on: 10 October 2014, 19:50 »
Just fitted GFB DV+ diverter valve. Easy to fit. Now ready for more boost eg stage 2 revo or similar :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Old, but a serial modder!

Offline 5552north

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1302 on: 10 October 2014, 19:53 »
Car had its first service today and got the dealer to code the sound actuator output down to zero, no more false noises and done for free, happy days.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1303 on: 11 October 2014, 07:44 »
Had my wing mirror smashed off this morning on the way to work by a woman in a Yaris who strayed on my side of the road. Nowhere I could go to avoid it...

Motor works fine and luckily no damage to the door so I think its just the red outer cover, black lower casing and the indicator housing.

Anyone know a trusted supplier where I can get one? Luckily the lady stopped and admitted liability and said she will cover the costs.

If she admits and will pay costs the only place I'd be going is the dealers for a proper quote.

Yeah done that... £333.88 inc. VAT for the part, unpainted, not fitted.

The problem I think I'll have is although she admitted liability at the scene, there were no witnesses other than my wife and her passenger. I reckon she'll have had a think about it and will now deny it was her fault.

Not only that, now I've had the chance to have a proper look there is also damage to the door so I have a feeling it will be an insurance job. It has to be perfect.
I would just pay for the repairs if you can't find the other person and under no circumstances tell your insurance. Your premiums will increase no matter what as you're more likely to have another accident now according to them.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1304 on: 11 October 2014, 09:16 »
Your premium will increase on your insurance usually by no more than £30 (unless you're with Elephant/Churchill group) for a non-fault claim, and it's only be for a year, maybe 2. Compare that with (including door damage) maybe paying out £700 all in if the woman that hit you backtracks on her story. £700 saved vs £60 on 2 years premiums.

If you're in any doubt as to how much it will put your premium up by, try getting a few quotes on the Meerkat comparison site, with and without a declared non-fault accident and see the difference for any given insurer.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1305 on: 11 October 2014, 12:11 »
The fact that you've got to admit to these claims up to 5 years gives the insurance company licence to bump up the premium whether it was your fault or not.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline marnie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1306 on: 11 October 2014, 13:56 »
Anybody with any sense will fit a dashcam.
Mk7 GTI 5 Dr

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1307 on: 11 October 2014, 14:02 »
Anybody with any sense will fit a dashcam.
Do these run off batteries or can you hide the cables?

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline marnie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1308 on: 11 October 2014, 15:18 »
Exonian. I have mine fitted in front of the interior mirror. The cable is hidden under the head lining and the front door seal. Then it's under the carpet to the 12v socket. I have a multiway adapter in the armrest storage, that's why there is a curly cord.

Mk7 GTI 5 Dr

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1309 on: 13 October 2014, 17:25 »
Well guys I've been very lucky, and the events after my mirror was smashed off has slightly restored my faith that there are still some good people knocking about! The owners of the other car have decided to go through the insurance and have admitted full liability for the damage (He sent me a text to make sure I had it in writing). Within 10 mins of the text, I had a call from their insurance company (Direct Line) accepting full liability from their POV and arranging full details to allow them to get my car sorted.

Saturday morning I had a call from their repair team, booking to collect my car from my place of work on Wednesday morning, followed by a call from Enterprise who will be dropping a hire car off on Wednesday afternoon.

I can't fault the way it's been dealt with so far, and fair play to the owners of the other car for dealing with it in the right way.

Let's hope the repair is up to standard... I won't be accepting it back until it is!

I will most certainly be fitting dash cams to both mine and my wifes cars ASAP.
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!