Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 384068 times)

Offline Rossc0

• Not said much yet
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2180 on: 17 April 2014, 22:48 »
What company are you going with?

A map really does turn the GTI into a completely different car

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #2181 on: 17 April 2014, 23:14 »
I've ordered a Bluefin. I thought this was the easiest option as I've no idea when I'll change the car so the ability to put it back to stock when I'm ready to sell was attractive. Plus, for £50 they'll do me another map on the next car.
I remember being blown away when I went out in R32's Revo Mk6 a couple of years ago. I know the Bluefin won't be as aggressive as the Revo but I'm really looking forward to it and I'm sure it'll keep me interested in the car as I just feel the urge for more power after 4 1/2 years with the standard car.

Offline Rossc0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2182 on: 17 April 2014, 23:26 »
Understandable, I lasted about 14 months in mine before getting it mapped!

I like sleeper type mods like a map. Didn't fancy changing exhausts or lowering etc..

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #2183 on: 18 April 2014, 09:20 »
I suspect I won't get round to the other mods now before selling up. I intended to do them much much earlier but funds were swallowed up by the bottomless money pit otherwise known as the Mk2!!!

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2184 on: 18 April 2014, 12:31 »
Reckon I'll go for the M235i maybe in 3-4 years, or whatever is on the market down the line

jay
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline Hartside

• I live here
« Reply #2185 on: 18 April 2014, 18:46 »
GTI traded in today for a very well specced 3 month old BMW 320i Xdrive Msport. Had it for a 4 hour test drive and got a cracking trade in on the Golf. No where near as fast as the GTI but very comfortable and well equipped
Carbon Grey 5dr GTI

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2186 on: 18 April 2014, 18:55 »
GTI traded in today for a very well specced 3 month old BMW 320i Xdrive Msport. Had it for a 4 hour test drive and got a cracking trade in on the Golf. No where near as fast as the GTI but very comfortable and well equipped
sorry to see you go but enjoy the new motor
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2187 on: 18 April 2014, 18:57 »
Enjoy the 320 what colours is it is it that nice blue colour they do?
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Hartside

• I live here
« Reply #2188 on: 18 April 2014, 19:07 »
Thanks Snoopy, I was looking for a grey metallic as it's my favourite colour and I finally found one in Mineral Grey (Golf is Carbon Grey) The blue was my second choice as it does look very nice.
Carbon Grey 5dr GTI

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2189 on: 18 April 2014, 19:21 »
I have been looking in to getting a new car as I'll be half way through my lease in September this yr and able to change cars with no charges incurred. Unfortunately an impending house purchase and wedding means keeping the gti for 2 more yrs makes financial sense. Not all bad as my mk6 is he best car I've ever had! Still won't stop me looking towards the end of the summer. These VIP deals VW do can be very tempting!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's