Author Topic: More battery headaches  (Read 996 times)

Offline Refurbished.

• Not said much yet
More battery headaches
« on: 28 April 2021, 19:36 »
As stop start Refused to work I decided to bite the bullet and had a Halfords AGM battery fitted earlier today. The first Halfords location I visited didn’t have the correct software available to coat the battery to the car, this despite me phoning in advance and them confirming they could do it it. So I drove to another location paid for it and had it fitted. Nice chap some error codes appeared on the dash afterwards but turn themselves out drive home congratulating myself on the money that I’ve saved over using a main dealer. Except now my reversing camera has disappeared and I can’t find it in the menu on the car. Everything was working fine before hand. Any ideas?

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: More battery headaches
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2021, 20:20 »
Could possibly be a fuse? Would really need a scan see what code it throws, take it back to Halfords and get them to sort it, and if not send them the bill.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Refurbished.

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2021, 22:10 »
I got desperate and resorted to the handbook. Although the stereo remembered presets whilst disconnected and my phone continued to par I needed to press the park warning button by the gear-lever. The guy at Halfords Epsom was super helpful and no codes showing now. £154 fitted and coded with trade card discount

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2021, 22:46 »
I got desperate and resorted to the handbook. Although the stereo remembered presets whilst disconnected and my phone continued to par I needed to press the park warning button by the gear-lever. The guy at Halfords Epsom was super helpful and no codes showing now. £154 fitted and coded with trade card discount

That’s my local ;-) you might have seen me in Epsom.
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 29 April 2021, 18:51 »
I looked up a video on changing the MK7 battery and they did mention that most things stays but some settings were changed or reset after disconnecting the battery for a period of time. My dash lit up like a Christmas tree with lights when I disconnected the battery to change my headlight bulbs (was the most difficult thing I've ever done on my car, wouldn't recommend it)