Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 172542 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #860 on: 02 July 2020, 09:24 »
No sorry, still not convinced. I might forgive the droopy lights at the front, but that one piece full width front grill is just hideous.

Maybe other colours it will hide it, but for once, I still think the R-Line front bumper looks better than the GTI

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #861 on: 02 July 2020, 10:29 »
I don't know what's wrong with me but I do like the yellow. Keep looking at 3dr Rs with black Prets. Saw one on the road the other day and glad I didn't, but I keep getting drawn to them :embarrassed:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Online SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #862 on: 02 July 2020, 11:39 »
I don't know what's wrong with me but I do like the yellow. Keep looking at 3dr Rs with black Prets. Saw one on the road the other day and glad I didn't, but I keep getting drawn to them :embarrassed:

I also like the Lime Yellow colour. I liked Turmeric Yellow as well that was available on the mk7.5 Golf for a short time.

I don’t think I’d be brave enough to choose Lime Yellow though :grin:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #863 on: 02 July 2020, 12:08 »
Good lets hope the prices hit the floor and I can buy the wife one :evil:

MK7 GTi

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #864 on: 02 July 2020, 12:28 »
I also like the Lime Yellow colour. I liked Turmeric Yellow as well that was available on the mk7.5 Golf for a short time.

I don’t think I’d be brave enough to choose Lime Yellow though :grin:.

Oh, that's a different yellow? Both look really nasty but I like them :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Goat_on_a_bike

• Not said much yet
« Reply #865 on: 02 July 2020, 20:47 »
The mk8 will be one of those cars where colour and wheel size will either make it look really nice or really bad. In white it looks acceptable but that's probably because it's hiding lines etc. It still looks like to different cars from front end to back end.

Totally agree. I recall a black Mk8 GTI doing the rounds a while back. It looked superb. But I still wouldn’t buy one. The fully touch screen interior has me very concerned. I’m gonna be giving mk8 Golfs a LOT of space on the road, I’ll always be scared they’re going crash into me while the driver is trying to turn his seat warmer off.

Online SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #866 on: 02 July 2020, 22:17 »
The mk8 will be one of those cars where colour and wheel size will either make it look really nice or really bad. In white it looks acceptable but that's probably because it's hiding lines etc. It still looks like to different cars from front end to back end.

Totally agree. I recall a black Mk8 GTI doing the rounds a while back. It looked superb. But I still wouldn’t buy one. The fully touch screen interior has me very concerned. I’m gonna be giving mk8 Golfs a LOT of space on the road, I’ll always be scared they’re going crash into me while the driver is trying to turn his seat warmer off.

In addition to the mk8 Golf, you might need to make a list of other cars that you’ll be giving a wide berth to - the new Seat Leon, Skoda Octavia, Audi A3 all have the same type of touch screen as the mk8 Golf. The Audi and Skoda have retained some buttons that are effectively hot keys to take you to sub menus on the touch screen, but with these cars, many of the basic functions are operated via the touch screen.

I believe Volvo (and no doubt other manufacturers) have also gone for form over function with the clean, buttonless look in many of their cars, so functions such as adjusting heating and ventilation are now via a touch screen.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #867 on: 02 July 2020, 23:15 »

In addition to the mk8 Golf, you might need to make a list of other cars that you’ll be giving a wide berth to - the new Seat Leon, Skoda Octavia, Audi A3 all have the same type of touch screen as the mk8 Golf. The Audi and Skoda have retained some buttons that are effectively hot keys to take you to sub menus on the touch screen, but with these cars, many of the basic functions are operated via the touch screen.

I believe Volvo (and no doubt other manufacturers) have also gone for form over function with the clean, buttonless look in many of their cars, so functions such as adjusting heating and ventilation are now via a touch screen.

Add ID3 and ID4 based models to that list too. But nobody should be fiddling with seat warmers in the summer months.
7.5 GTD

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #868 on: 03 July 2020, 15:08 »
I was waiting for the Mk8 , i have been a member here for a while, owned a few Gti's , clubsport , and drive a Polo Gti+ at the moment, was looking forward to the gti mk8 but i cant get over the interior , I have to admit the front end has improved in my mind since i first saw it .... but i will have to wait until i see and get to test the dash in the flesh...
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #869 on: 04 July 2020, 10:21 »
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....