Author Topic: Is this the latest software  (Read 5994 times)

Offline Yorkshire gti

• Not said much yet
Re: Is this the latest software
« Reply #20 on: 10 October 2023, 16:57 »
My top mount FNS was replaced at about 6 months due to creaking grinding. No further problems but bongs etc continue.
2021 Kings Red GTI
2015  White GTI PP

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 10 October 2023, 20:33 »
Well you guys were lucky as my dealer wouldn't go past the grease stage even within the second year of warantee - now worn off and back to the creak on full left lock.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 11 October 2023, 21:15 »
I have the top mount creaking on the near side when turning full lock, but I also have Eibach Prokit springs fitted! What are my chances of a warranty top mount replacement in this scenario?? I’m guessing zero!?
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 12 October 2023, 07:19 »
Well you guys were lucky as my dealer wouldn't go past the grease stage even within the second year of warantee - now worn off and back to the creak on full left lock.

You need to change your dealer
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 12 October 2023, 07:59 »
Unfortunately all three local ones to me are under the same franchise group - I guess the response could be different between branches.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 14 October 2023, 08:36 »
Unfortunately all three local ones to me are under the same franchise group - I guess the response could be different between branches.

In that case I would complaining to vw uk
Mk6 GTI DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline Sniffer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 30 October 2023, 22:44 »

I don't understand why he is being so difficult, it won't cost the dealership anything to fix your car properly.  It's a known fault and there is a TPI covering the issue, so VW will reimburse him for any work done.:angry:
Long Since: 1981-84 Mk1 Golf GTI (Black);
Long Since: 1984-86 Mk 2 Golf GTI (White);
Long Since: 1986-88 Scirocco GTX (Graphite)
Gap - The Sensible Years (Mostly)
Gone: 2016-18 Mk 7 Golf GT TDI; (Silver)
Gone: 2018-20 Mk7.5 Golf GTI DSG (Red)
Gone: 2020 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (White)
Gone: 2021 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Pearl Black),19"Adelaides, Sports Susp and Winter Pack.
2024 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Kings Red), 19" Adelaides, Sports Susp, Winter Pack & Rear View Camera.

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 21 November 2023, 16:01 »
My car is just updating to 1941 it is doing it in 3 stages.

Fist time moving on from 1890 which I've been on since new March 2022.

Whilst I've had a few minor updates nothing this big it's an OTA offering which is the first one I've had to move to a new software version.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 21 November 2023, 17:33 »
I had the 1941 OTA update a few days ago too. I was on 1896 (I think), so the update wasn't that big, about 2.5 GB I think. I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever but I've never had much trouble with bongs thankfully. I was getting random occasional infotainment crashes, haven't had one of those (yet) since the update.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 28 November 2023, 15:14 »
I had the 1941 OTA update a few days ago too. I was on 1896 (I think), so the update wasn't that big, about 2.5 GB I think. I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever but I've never had much trouble with bongs thankfully. I was getting random occasional infotainment crashes, haven't had one of those (yet) since the update.

I had Ota update yesterday wasn't getting any issues now nfotainment  crashed twice today on way to work!
Mk6 GTI DSG
Mk8 GTI