Author Topic: Experience/Thoughts re Moonstone (and Mk 8 fuel consumption)  (Read 5234 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Nice going Ceefeesh.  :cool:
Moonstone looks great and will be a really practical colour to live with.
Fingers crossed your software woes will be small ones!  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
Thanks Exonian. I am going to ask they upgrade the software before I pay for it in full. Maybe I should have kept the Reifnitz! It’s last years and has 5k miles. I’ve no idea what version the software is but I will find out.
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
Your opinions convinced me. I took delivery yesterday. Stock GTI DSG in moonstone with Adelaides, for now. They did upgrade the software to 1896. 

Nearly matches the mug! 😂

« Last Edit: 18 June 2022, 13:10 by Ceefeesh »

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
So close!

Very nice  :cool:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Really liking that Ceefeesh.  :cool:
Superb colour and wheel combo
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
CeeFeesh
Very nice you won’t be disappointed with that colour I gave my 45 a clean today and it just looks so nice when it’s out and about on that moonstone. I do like your wheels on the Mk 8 GTi as well. Touch wood for me I have had no software problems at all, done the major download two weeks ago and even before then it’s been fine. Enjoy 👍

Offline Gjm

• Not said much yet
Looks good Ceefeesh, that lighter grey does make the car standout nicely.

Can I ask what the 19” wheels are like on UK roads, comfort wise? Do you have DCC with the car? I’ve read a few articles mentioning that it can be a bit firm and uncomfortable without DCC fitted.

I have a GTD with 18” on order, and the wait is just getting longer. I’m starting to see stock cars appearing but most seem to be coming with 19” and no DCC. If the order keeps being pushed out I’ll be tempted to get a stock car, just not sure about the larger alloy/tyre size.
VW Golf Mk8 GTD on order since Nov 2021 - Cancelled June 2023
VW Golf Mk8 GTI - Purchased June 2023

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
My Mk 7.5 came with 19" Santiagos  and no DCC. I thought the 19s were too harsh and I reverted to genuine 18" Miltons which I thought were an improvement and provided  better comfort.  My current car does not have DCC either. I have only done around 100 miles in it, over  B roads which are quite uneven. So far it seems less harsh than the 7.5 with 19s did. Currently I do  not think I will need to revert to 18s but more miles will tell.

Offline Gjm

• Not said much yet
Thanks Ceefeesh,

I did think that if I do go down the route of a car with 19” wheels and found it too harsh then I could maybe swap over to 18’s, although it wouldn’t be cheap. The only thing that got me wondering was the sport suspension is different when you build it for 19” alloys, and I wasn’t  sure if that prohibits you from going back down to 18’s.

It does look good with the 19’s though, I can see why it is specified for stock cars.
VW Golf Mk8 GTD on order since Nov 2021 - Cancelled June 2023
VW Golf Mk8 GTI - Purchased June 2023

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
I don’t know if the suspension differs for original 18 and 19” specification. As far as I know the overall circumference of the wheel is very similar, the 19” wheels are fitted with a 35 ratio tyre and the 18s have 40 ratio tyres. The extra width of tyre wall is more pliable therefore the ride is potentially softer. I did find the 18s less harsh on the road.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2022, 18:01 by Ceefeesh »