Author Topic: The dreaded diamond cut alloy scuff marks  (Read 7746 times)

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
Re: The dreaded diamond cut alloy scuff marks
« Reply #20 on: 23 March 2015, 17:45 »
Yeah that's right. This time of the year of have a double sided one with no thumb and then one with a mesh side too, this ones great for bug removal. We'll hopefully have the dedicated wheel wash mitt too in the next few weeks which is great for getting behind the spokes without destroying your hands on the brake guards.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 23 March 2015, 17:49 »
well if you've got some in stock, i'll gladly take a couple of your hands this weekend!
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: 23 March 2015, 19:55 »
well if you've got some in stock, i'll gladly take a couple of your hands this weekend!

Sorry mate, on holiday this week. If you place your order let me know and I'll  call the office and make sure it's sent out in time for the weekend. Don't forget the forum discount too!

Neil

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #23 on: 04 April 2015, 13:13 »
Graham - quick question...

Have you had any tyres changed/puncture repairs on this wheel?

If so, that's probably where the marks have come from. I had some tyre fitting monkey looking for a puncture on mine and made very similar  marks by spinning the grit covered tyre on the face of the wheel (while it was on the tyre machine).

Got some G3 cutting compound in the post so I'll be attempting to polish them out soon! Unfortunately nowhere in Cyprus can refurb diamond cut wheels so that's my only option.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 05 April 2015, 09:55 »
I had much the same problem as Gnasher. I took my Mk6 in for its service and asked if they could fix the 2 slow punctures I had.
Got the car back and the face of the alloys were terrible. Full of scratches.
The manager denied it was them and took me into the actual garage to show me the machine. It was full of grit but he claimed the wheel itself wouldn't actually sit there!!!

Anyway I got my machine polisher out and it removed the scratches no problem. The wheels were diamond cut Vancouvers.
I ended up doing the 4 wheels and they were like brand new. So I've every faith your marks ill come out
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 05 April 2015, 13:00 »
Yes this is the only wheel ive had a puncture in actually so you may be right, bit too wet to polish at mo but hopefully on a dryer day we can get them sorted
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG