Author Topic: Newbie needs help  (Read 6910 times)

Offline Misterp

• I live here
Re: Newbie needs help
« Reply #20 on: 10 December 2014, 08:53 »
Also the glass cleaner that you mentioned are they suitable for use internally or should U be using something else internally
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: 10 December 2014, 10:54 »
Also the glass cleaner that you mentioned are they suitable for use internally or should U be using something else internally

I Auto Finnesse only on the outside and for the inside I don't think that you can go wrong with Autoglym Car Glass Polish, the trick with this is not to use too much.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 10 December 2014, 12:16 »

I Auto Finnesse only on the outside and for the inside I don't think that you can go wrong with Autoglym Car Glass Polish, the trick with this is not to use too much.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: 10 December 2014, 14:36 »
No problem. A decent glass cloth is a worthy purchase too. The tighter weave on a glass cloth helps loads.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 10 December 2014, 15:11 »

I also use Autoglym Fastglass on the internal glass.  Have used Auto Finesse internally in the past but not too keen on it.

Externally I clean all glass the Autoglym, and if I'm waxing the car then all external glass gets waxed too at the same time, EXCEPT the windscreen.  I don't use anything else on front windscreen as I find it buggers up the wipers, juddering, squeaking etc.  Used to use RainX but had nothing but problems after using it.  So the windscreen is kept product free and no issues.

As Neil says, a waffle window cloth is essential, much better than a microfibre as it has more 'bite'.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 11 December 2014, 23:01 »

I also use Autoglym Fastglass on the internal glass.  Have used Auto Finesse internally in the past but not too keen on it.

Externally I clean all glass the Autoglym, and if I'm waxing the car then all external glass gets waxed too at the same time, EXCEPT the windscreen.  I don't use anything else on front windscreen as I find it buggers up the wipers, juddering, squeaking etc.  Used to use RainX but had nothing but problems after using it.  So the windscreen is kept product free and no issues.

As Neil says, a waffle window cloth is essential, much better than a microfibre as it has more 'bite'.

Will deffo look into this.