Author Topic: Drying towel  (Read 4446 times)

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Drying towel
« Reply #10 on: 29 March 2011, 17:30 »
if the heat setting is on low and you dont have them in there too long it would proberly be ok but the risk is the heat damaging the fibres in the cloth, ive never been advised to use tumble dryer to dry them. plus on some microfibres the label has a symbol for no tumble drying.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 29 March 2011, 17:33 »
I've got a monza yellow towel and dodo juice supernatural towel which is cr@p so will be changing to some waffle weaves on my next order. :angry:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 29 March 2011, 17:38 »
if the heat setting is on low and you dont have them in there too long it would proberly be ok but the risk is the heat damaging the fibres in the cloth, ive never been advised to use tumble dryer to dry them. plus on some microfibres the label has a symbol for no tumble drying.

Thanks for that, may be too late for the two I have but I will bear it in mind  :smiley:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 29 March 2011, 17:46 »
Thanks for that, may be too late for the two I have but I will bear it in mind  :smiley:

no probs hope it doesnt happen to your next lot;)

jimble are you using a drying aid or just the towel?

i find using demon shine highly diluted works a treat with drying and have been using it for over a year now and wont use anything else, i dilute around 150/200ml in a 500ml bottle and mist it over the car straight after the final rinse then towel dry and this gives a completey streak free finish.

« Last Edit: 29 March 2011, 17:49 by Purple Haze »

Jimmymature

« Reply #14 on: 29 March 2011, 19:36 »
I've got a monza yellow towel and dodo juice supernatural towel which is cr@p so will be changing to some waffle weaves on my next order. :angry:

Hi mate, I use the Megs waffle towel which I think is great. I'm no expert as you know but it does what it says it will which is dry the car  :laugh:

Jim

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 29 March 2011, 21:13 »

Hi mate, I use the Megs waffle towel which I think is great. I'm no expert as you know but it does what it says it will which is dry the car  :laugh:

Jim
Great stuff Jim, just goes to show you don't always get what you pay for! :angry:

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #16 on: 30 March 2011, 20:03 »
New Dodo Juice Drying towel on their way to me, looking forward to seeing this one.

ODO JUICE ORANGE PLUSH DRYING TOWEL, 12.95 GBP RRP – a twin-ply ‘extra dense’ drying towel, made from two sheets of microfibre that are then welded together, rather than one. So it can hold more water. Like a supercharged version of Soft Touch.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 30 March 2011, 20:45 »

i find using demon shine highly diluted works a treat with drying and have been using it for over a year now and wont use anything else, i dilute around 150/200ml in a 500ml bottle and mist it over the car straight after the final rinse then towel dry and this gives a completey streak free finish.

Sorry mate, just read this, no drying aids at all, i don't really understand the use of drying aids tbh, why should we have to use yet another product to help a towel thats designed to dry the car do it's job? If the towel won't dry the car on it's own then whats the point of it? I was a bit annoyed by the SN towel as it seems to just move the water around leaving streaks/holgrams which is fine if i'm going to wax the car every time but i can't unfortunately, i've got a couple of the microsuede cloths from dodo which work a treat for getting rid of the holograms when the cars eventually dry.

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 30 March 2011, 21:03 »
the holagrams will already be there im afraid, you'd have to be rubbing the towel over a very dirty/dusty car to get holagraming on a really noticable scale, most new towels tend to under perform because the fibres are new, like a T towel wont be very good to use the first few times until its been through the wash.
drying aids help disperse the remaining water making it easier to soak up and what ive found with demon shine it completely eliminates streaking.

Sorry mate, just read this, no drying aids at all, i don't really understand the use of drying aids tbh, why should we have to use yet another product to help a towel thats designed to dry the car do it's job? If the towel won't dry the car on it's own then whats the point of it? I was a bit annoyed by the SN towel as it seems to just move the water around leaving streaks/holgrams which is fine if i'm going to wax the car every time but i can't unfortunately, i've got a couple of the microsuede cloths from dodo which work a treat for getting rid of the holograms when the cars eventually dry.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 30 March 2011, 21:46 »
When i say holograms i mean when the streaked water dries and the sun hits it, like i said though the microsuede cloths are superb for getting rid of it so it's not so much of an issue not being able to wax. Started using them for the final buff for Red mist as microfibres alone take ages. Def recommend them
http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=617&idcategory=16