Author Topic: Latest map update  (Read 10113 times)

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
Re: Latest map update
« Reply #60 on: 17 February 2024, 09:23 »
My original number was "3" from the factory for some reason and TMC used to work but went dark a couple of years ago.

AS for the Maps update it still is the old maps on the website. :sad:

Offline ProtoCulture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #61 on: 03 March 2024, 13:08 »
Can the change be made via OBD11? I did have a quick look but couldn't find it, but I'm not too familiar with this coding stuff. If anyone could point me where to go, that would be amazing.
2016 Tornado Red GTI PP, DSG, 19" Santiago's, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Park Assist & Camera.
Mods: Revo Stage 1 ECU & TCU remap. Racingline R600 with Inlet pipe, turbo elbow and muffler delete. Clubsport S backbox. Eibach lowering springs. VBT Hooked discs and Racingline RP700 pads.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #62 on: 03 March 2024, 14:08 »
Should be able to, can't check at the moment as I lent my OBDEleven to a friend a few months ago buy usually it is the same steps as VCDS.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #63 on: 11 March 2024, 07:25 »
Slight drift.

Is there a way of deleting only individual saved destinations in the nav?

All I can find is 'deleting user data' which seems to remove all data from a particular category.

I guess I could move all of my important locations into Favourites and then delete the adhoc Destinations?  I hope it's easy to convert something to a favourite rather than having to re-enter each one.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Wugga

• Not said much yet
« Reply #64 on: 11 March 2024, 12:29 »
sorry maybe silly question or answered already how do u update it to your car after its downloaded  ?
VW BORA TDI 2004 (Black)
VW GOLF GTI 2002 (Black)
VW GOLF GT TDI 2005 (Grey)
VW GOLF GTI 2009 (Silver)
VW GOLF GTD 2018 (Black)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #65 on: 11 March 2024, 13:23 »
sorry maybe silly question or answered already how do u update it to your car after its downloaded  ?
need to use the VW navigation card if you've got discover media or an SD card for discover pro ( high speed preferably)
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Wugga

• Not said much yet
« Reply #66 on: 11 March 2024, 13:31 »
So get the sd card out of my car put it in my laptop and update it that way ? Thought it might have been N easier way - thanks
VW BORA TDI 2004 (Black)
VW GOLF GTI 2002 (Black)
VW GOLF GTD 2018 (Black)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #67 on: 11 March 2024, 13:49 »
So get the sd card out of my car put it in my laptop and update it that way ? Thought it might have been N easier way - thanks
copy the contents of your old card to a folder on your laptop in case it goes tlts up.
Make sure you've used 7zip to unzip your download and then finally make sure your files go in the root of the SD card (just make sure the file structure looks exactly the same when putting new maps on) 👍

Offline Wugga

• Not said much yet
« Reply #68 on: 11 March 2024, 15:04 »
Not having much luck here today - just gone the car to remove the SD card from the inside the reader in the glove box and it seems like the SD card is stuck in the reader FFS/FML - when i push it there no click sound to release it and it wont budge

Any ideas ? or anyone else had this happen  ? 
VW BORA TDI 2004 (Black)
VW GOLF GTI 2002 (Black)
VW GOLF GTD 2018 (Black)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #69 on: 11 March 2024, 15:31 »
SD cards should be all the same size. You need to press it in first before it'll pop out.