Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 383311 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1480 on: 13 November 2012, 18:57 »
I thought you weren't gonna spend 30k on a hatchback again?  :whistle:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1481 on: 13 November 2012, 19:03 »
im not - just went to have a look as im out of action for a while due to an operation i just had and was really bored :drool:

to be honest in 3 doors and in white i think it looked crap. they had some 5 door 125 m sports in blue and they were a much better looking car.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1482 on: 13 November 2012, 19:09 »
What are peoples opinions on the Mercedes C class? I'd not really paid them any attention until one caught my eye the other day.

I normally view protential new cars through dub goggles, but this one broke all my usual rules.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1483 on: 13 November 2012, 19:28 »
Mercedes sales are struggling against the German counterparts Audi/BMW and as such they will fall over themselves to do a deal.

Thing is this is only a help if you want one, I associate the band with an older purchasing demographic in much the same way as Honda's mainstream cars.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1484 on: 13 November 2012, 19:50 »
Do I fall into the older purchasing demographic at 43?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1485 on: 13 November 2012, 20:11 »
I like the C class apart from the leg room in the back, it's quite limited for what seems to be quite a big car from the outside. :huh: seems very well built and very comfortable seats (for me), i'm glad they've done away with the flip up cover over the radio screen as well, always used to annoy me! :angry:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1486 on: 13 November 2012, 20:13 »
Really like the C class if it's in a higher level trim with the AMG alloys, contractor I know bought one and he was 30 and I was really impressed if you wanted a mile muncher, all be it 3 series for me all day long

Looked at a Polo Blue GT last week when I was in Berlin as a replacement for the sh!tty for the city,mevn mrs w liked it, just priced one up and broke the £20k on the configerator so tts knocked on the head

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1487 on: 14 November 2012, 08:50 »
A bloke that I worked for nearly 20 years ago had the original C class in 1993/4. A C220 Sport. I really liked that car back then. I don't think subsequent models have quite hit the spot until this latest one.

Funny thing was I was talking cars with him earlier this week. His C class with a few extras on it (air con, electric rear windows, radio ffs, etc) cost a smidge over £40k back then.  :shocked:

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1488 on: 14 November 2012, 18:30 »
Do I fall into the older purchasing demographic at 43?

Hopefully not as I'm not far behind you!
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1489 on: 18 November 2012, 07:59 »
I am currently tempted by the SEAT Mii FR out next year. 110 bhp from a throaty 3 cylinder 1.0 turbo.
Sounds ideal for what I now use my car for.

« Last Edit: 18 November 2012, 08:02 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.