Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 288127 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2830 on: 16 November 2011, 12:37 »
I dont think so. They would be very careful about who they let near their equipment.... and to do it so it happens on the first lap would be pretty well calculated. Could have gone so wrong if it happened at a different part of the track.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #2831 on: 16 November 2011, 13:45 »

I read that the Austin track developers have downed tools with immediate effect. All because they still don't have a signed contract from the poison dwarf and his recent comments to the effect that he doesn't think the grand prix will happen.

Tool.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2832 on: 16 November 2011, 15:08 »

I read that the Austin track developers have downed tools with immediate effect. All because they still don't have a signed contract from the poison dwarf and his recent comments to the effect that he doesn't think the grand prix will happen.

Tool.

Just seen this too. He really is trying his hardest to make America hate F1 after the trouble we had the last time we was there.

Only just caught up with the race at the weekend as for some reason it was not on IPlayer until late Monday night. What happened to Vettel's tyre? Any news on that yet? Seems strange as everyone else took the same line and no trouble.
Massa...why does he also managed to break his car going over kerbs?
Abu Dubai, looks amazing , but please get rid of it, as boring as Valencia now.

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #2833 on: 16 November 2011, 15:17 »

Only just caught up with the race at the weekend as for some reason it was not on IPlayer until late Monday night. What happened to Vettel's tyre? Any news on that yet?

Top of the bloody page!

Vettels spin on the first corner :

Tyre supplier Pirelli has ruled out structural failure as a possible cause the puncture that led to Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel's retirement from the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery said: "We can confirm that a structural failure was not the cause, a conclusion that we have arrived at together with Red Bull Racing following a detailed examination and analysis of the remains of the tyre. We cannot rule out debris on the track causing damage to the tyre, which then provoked a deflation, but having looked at the track closely there is no direct evidence of this."
(Pirelli)

Anyone thinking some one may of tampered with the wheel, perhaps a little sabotage?
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #2834 on: 18 November 2011, 10:37 »

Look at this guy. 1 what is that phone he is on 2 what sort of face is he pulling. He really needs to retire.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2835 on: 25 November 2011, 12:50 »
Bye F1..as predicted..Sky have confirmed F1 will have it's own channel. As I posted the other day..it will be free now, but as always with Sky, that is going to change after the first season.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12040/7332332/Sky-Sports-launches-F1-channel

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #2836 on: 25 November 2011, 12:54 »
Bye F1..as predicted..Sky have confirmed F1 will have it's own channel. As I posted the other day..it will be free now, but as always with Sky, that is going to change after the first season.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12040/7332332/Sky-Sports-launches-F1-channel

Bit of a result that IMO as I have the HD pack meaning I'll still get the F1 channel! WOOP!

Offline ReDBull

• I live here
Sky Sports launch F1 HD channel.
« Reply #2837 on: 25 November 2011, 15:41 »
From March next year an F1 channel will be launched by sky. I always thought the BBC should make more of F1. It's a shame it's taken Murdock to do it. Should be good.
03 210 Seat LCR. Badger5 V2.2TIP, Fordge 007p, Wellycooler, Quaife ATB LSD, Nuespeed ARB's, KW Clubsports, 330mm discs, 3" turbo back de cat and still on the standard map!
My project thread: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=241116.0

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #2838 on: 25 November 2011, 16:39 »
I Fin hate the decision that BBC made to not buy rights again. I f**king hate sky. It has the monopoly. Which is wrong.

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #2839 on: 25 November 2011, 17:47 »