Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 555835 times)

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1670 on: 25 March 2018, 21:18 »
Another great job Jim :smiley: Andy28 must be over the moon! Perfect example too of why it's so important to decontaminate - showed my OH so she could see why I use all the products I do. I think she took it in but the rolling of the eyes had me a bit confused :rolleyes: :laugh:

I am indeed, the car looks great! I had a nice drive over to Sheffield and spent the day in the centre whilst James did all the hard work - I couldn't believe how much of a battering the paint had taken but hopefully the coating will now offer some protection.

James is a top bloke and really takes pride in his work - highly recommended.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1671 on: 26 March 2018, 11:46 »
Another great job Jim :smiley: Andy28 must be over the moon! Perfect example too of why it's so important to decontaminate - showed my OH so she could see why I use all the products I do. I think she took it in but the rolling of the eyes had me a bit confused :rolleyes: :laugh:

I am indeed, the car looks great! I had a nice drive over to Sheffield and spent the day in the centre whilst James did all the hard work - I couldn't believe how much of a battering the paint had taken but hopefully the coating will now offer some protection.

Cheers Andy!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1672 on: 26 March 2018, 19:47 »

Cheers Andy!

All your work looks great Jim !  :cool:

Is this your job or something you do on the side / for fun?

Offline st332

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1673 on: 26 March 2018, 20:09 »
Gave the car it's first major detail yesterday (apart from the initial detailing when I got it in Sept.)

Before:

After:

Rinsed with pressure washer
Snow foam wash with Dodo Juice Apple iFoam
2-Bucket wash with Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo
Rinsed with pressure washer, open hose rinse
De-tar with CarPro TarX
Rinsed with pressure washer, open hose rinse
De-Iron with Auto Finesse Iron Out (and the end of a bottle of CarPro IronX)
Another 2-bucket wash with Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo
Rinsed with pressure washer, open hose rinse, dried (probably didn't need to bother drying it at this stage in retrospect)
Clayed with Dodo Juice Supernatural Fine Grade Clay and Dodo Juice Born Slippy lube
Rinsed with pressure washer, open hose rinse, dried
Hand polished/primed with Dodo Juice Lime Prime and a soft foam pad
Waxed with Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro
Waxed outside of rims with Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid wax (still need to do a proper job on the other surfaces of these)
Polished pipes with Autosol Metal Polish
Dressed tyres with Auto Finesse Satin

First time using clay and polish.
Lesson learned: Buy a DA; my arms are wrecked!
« Last Edit: 26 March 2018, 20:11 by st332 »
Collected 20/09/17: Mk 7.5 GTI PP DSG 5dr Irish Spec
Extras: Dark Iron Blue Metallic, DCC, Alarm, Keyless, Park Assist, DAB Radio, Innovation Pack (Discover Media, High Beam Light Assist, Rear View Camera, Winter Pack)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1674 on: 26 March 2018, 20:43 »
Your arms might be wrecked st332 but at least you have the results to be proud of! :smiley: And I'm fairly sure they'll still lift a cold refreshing beverage of your choice :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1675 on: 26 March 2018, 23:46 »

Cheers Andy!

All your work looks great Jim !  :cool:

Is this your job or something you do on the side / for fun?

Qualified as a detailer last year so just working on things as a side line at the moment  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1676 on: 27 March 2018, 19:17 »

Qualified as a detailer last year so just working on things as a side line at the moment  :smiley:

Nice one  :cool:

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1677 on: 28 March 2018, 08:04 »
Well, last weekend. Not even going to show you the before photos as I was ashamed. Was absolutely filthy, so my usual routine left this.

Pre rinsed
Snow foamed with Auto Finesse snow foam and lance
Badges and grills hit with a soft brush and Megs APC
Rinsed then washed with 2 bucket method using Megs Shampoo Plus and a Wo-Wo lambswool mit
Rinsed
Wheels cleaned with Valet Pro Bilberry and various brushes - rinsed
Dried with my Metro Vac Sidekick blower and patted dry with my GYEON - Q2M Silk Dryer
Glass cleaned with Auto Glym Fast Glass
tyres dressed with Megs Endurance tyre gel
Interior wiped over with a dampened microfibre and all carpets hoovered.
That's it.
[/font]
[/font]
« Last Edit: 28 March 2018, 08:14 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1678 on: 28 March 2018, 09:47 »
Looks great :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #1679 on: 29 March 2018, 13:13 »
Looks great :smiley:

Plus 1 looks spot on... great job.. :smiley:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆