Author Topic: MK5 GTI Tips & Tricks  (Read 64202 times)

Offline Pirelli_P

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK5 GTI Tips & Tricks
« Reply #10 on: 01 September 2008, 13:57 »
Thanks for all that! I had no idea about some of those things and I can't wait to try them out on delivery!
Pirelli GTI, Diamond Black, 18s, 3dr, Manual. Extras - Xenons  Lux Pack  Parking Sensors  Cruise  Highline and MFSW  =  The Don!

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 01 September 2008, 14:04 »
nice one maxamus  :cool: already knew it all but its still good to share the knowledge with newbies  :cool: :cool:

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

Offline neg

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 01 September 2008, 16:50 »
Something I noticed last weekend, open the sunroof to the normal fully open position on the dial, once open turn and hold the dial a little further and it then opens all the way.

You dont want to open it further than the normal position when driving at speed though as it just develops the wind wobble sound (sure there is a technical name for this)

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 01 September 2008, 16:57 »
Something I noticed last weekend, open the sunroof to the normal fully open position on the dial, once open turn and hold the dial a little further and it then opens all the way.

You dont want to open it further than the normal position when driving at speed though as it just develops the wind wobble sound (sure there is a technical name for this)

The technical name is vietnam chopper as agreed in a earlier thread   :smug:

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 01 September 2008, 17:00 »

Do you mean wind buffeting (sp) If you open more than one window it usually disappears. :smiley:

Or as TC says Vietnamm chopper effect :grin:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Peskarik

« Reply #15 on: 01 September 2008, 17:21 »

The technical name is vietnam chopper as agreed in a earlier thread   :smug:

:laugh: TOtally true!

YOu don't have to open the roof fully (by holding the dial), you get chopper sound at something like 70kmh with roof opened normally and windows closed

Offline wellzee

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 02 September 2008, 14:38 »
Awesome, i hadnt realised about holding the lock to close/open your windows! have been annoying my friends today by asking them to leave them open and then standing back and slowly grumbling 'woooooowwww'. Good list, thanks!  :wink:

Black 08 GTi - 18" Monza II's, Leather, Centre Arm Rest, Parking Sensors - Love It!

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #17 on: 02 September 2008, 20:02 »
This thread needs to be a STICKY ???
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline TagnuT

• I live here
  • Edition 30
« Reply #18 on: 02 September 2008, 20:21 »
Could we move it up to info??
Bye Bye Edition 30

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here