Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 438494 times)

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Re: LL's MK3 20VT [Resprayed LB5R + Borbet A refurb]
« Reply #1340 on: 01 August 2010, 22:48 »
Really love it dude, like said before less arch gap and it would be mean as f*ck! :afro:

Dan

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1341 on: 01 August 2010, 23:35 »
Haha, love the comments on more lows and I totally agree but the sh!tty coilies are fully seized so cant drop it :(

I love the headlights, love the rear lights, love the badge, not sure on the plate either but dont want to hide the smoothed bumper and to save me hassle from the police, its gotta go somewhere. Plus this way i helps hold the splitter on.

Oh and yes, the Borbet centres will be finished when I get back from hols. I hate to say it, but there is a touch of JDM on its way :lipsrsealed:

Thanks for the comments peeps, much appreciated :afro:

See y'all in 10 days!

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #1342 on: 02 August 2010, 00:11 »
Off on holiday again! Lucky bastard :grin: Have a good'un!

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #1343 on: 02 August 2010, 13:40 »
looking good with the new paint, loose the quad lights though!
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #1344 on: 02 August 2010, 14:24 »
not a fan of the quads in that colour but it looks mega smart now!
ya happy with it then yeah?
hows the engine getting on now, no more problems?? still making ya grin or is the power becoming not enough again :D

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1345 on: 04 August 2010, 12:42 »
Alex when your back from holiday let me know when/if your still going down the SPAX RSX Coilovers route as i would love to see them on your car. As i want to go down that way too as i will be running almost the same setup as you wheel base wise. I'm just worried that 65mm drop wont be enough for me! Already have a 65/60 set up with the SPAX PSX Kit i'm running, fronts too low and back is too high!  :grin:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1346 on: 13 August 2010, 00:15 »
Off on holiday again! Lucky fatherless son :grin: Have a good'un!

:D cheers dec! twas a good'un!

looking good with the new paint, loose the quad lights though!

cheers bud :) there is no love for the quads anywhere. on all the forums.... :( i dunno i really like 'em

not a fan of the quads in that colour but it looks mega smart now!
ya happy with it then yeah?
hows the engine getting on now, no more problems?? still making ya grin or is the power becoming not enough again :D

i'm real happy with it! just needs more lows and touch of camber on the front to get some tuck with the new lows. otherwise yeah. need to tidy up the finish on the paint at some point. flat back and polish should bring it up like glass.

engine seems fine. getting a slight clutch slip in 5th which is strange/worrying and i reckon another coilpack is on its way. but everything else is good.

still makes me smile :D just the streched tyres make the car wonder a bit and the effect is worse in the wet. i think a set of spigot should minimise it as i couldnt really notice it in the dry before (i lost the rings whilst the borbets where off the car :( )

Alex when your back from holiday let me know when/if your still going down the SPAX RSX Coilovers route as i would love to see them on your car. As i want to go down that way too as i will be running almost the same setup as you wheel base wise. I'm just worried that 65mm drop wont be enough for me! Already have a 65/60 set up with the SPAX PSX Kit i'm running, fronts too low and back is too high!  :grin:

i might be but like you im not sure if the lows will be enough.... might go for something a little cheaper as i looked into adjustable coilies and some people say its hard to get the setup right and yours always playing around with it... im thinking for what i will use them for aka fast road, expensive coilies just buy you scene points...

my car isnt for the track, its a daily that i can have a little bit of fun for, but i want stance, so i dont think 65mm is enough lows.... will save some money and look around and see what i can get.

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1347 on: 13 August 2010, 09:09 »

i might be but like you im not sure if the lows will be enough.... might go for something a little cheaper as i looked into adjustable coilies and some people say its hard to get the setup right and yours always playing around with it... im thinking for what i will use them for aka fast road, expensive coilies just buy you scene points...

my car isnt for the track, its a daily that i can have a little bit of fun for, but i want stance, so i dont think 65mm is enough lows.... will save some money and look around and see what i can get.

I posted up a question in the Mk3 section and FK konigsports seem to be popular. There only about £150 more and you get adjustable dampering and 100mm lows  :cool:

http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=9910&manufacturer=FK&category=Suspension

I think your car deserves expensive coilies though as you have put in so much effort to get to where it is now  :tongue:

My car is on SPAX PSX 60mm drop all round and at the back is not low enough, i can't see 5mm making any real difference!  :angry:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1348 on: 13 August 2010, 09:55 »
looks like they might be the ones. i was looking around that price tbh, so maybe ask around now and see if anyone wants to spoil me for xmas :D

i got a plan b though; save. :D

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #1349 on: 13 August 2010, 09:55 »
sounds cool mate, just a little bit lower and wider and itll be awesome!!
have to say after having a go in a tt im stuck over what engine conversion to do meself! vr or 20vt? lol
did you have to sort engine mounts etc with yours...?
(need to have another read through the whole thread again as i cant remember most of it :D too many things keep changing!)

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!