Author Topic: Racking up the niggles for the dealer to fix  (Read 2456 times)

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
Re: Racking up the niggles for the dealer to fix
« Reply #10 on: 06 January 2022, 07:12 »
Yes, mine is one of the early dealer stock cars, registered Dec/Jan. Disappointing to see it’s going to be Q1 now. First time I’ve ever bought new, and not the experience I hoped for

Relishy57

« Reply #11 on: 06 January 2022, 09:09 »
I got mine May 21 and I kept my last GTI for 5.5 years from new.
We seem to have reached an accord, I probably  annoy it with my driving skills or lack of at times and it throws me little glitches every now and then to keep me alert.
Not sure about the next car,but don’t regret this one for an moment as it’s such a good looking and fun to drive vehicle.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 06 January 2022, 10:43 »
Yes, mine is one of the early dealer stock cars, registered Dec/Jan. Disappointing to see it’s going to be Q1 now. First time I’ve ever bought new, and not the experience I hoped for

I think it was probably always going to be like this... its a big leap for VW into an "all digital" platform and one they decided to do themselves and not subcontract to a software company.

Additionally, early production of anything is always plagued with initial gremlins.

However, and I keep saying this, its not the faults, its the way in which VW have handled customers over these faults. Quite honestly I've never seen anyone play that so badly.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #13 on: 07 January 2022, 08:34 »
I'm at the point with mine that I'm not sure I'd update it. It does the following still,

• Occasionally sees a car in the left lane with ACC on
  • Still doesn't know the right speed limit on speed adaptive ACC (I just don't use it I can adjust speed myself)
  • The temperature Sync un-syncs it self every time I turn the car off (this really bugs me)
  • I get an occasional Traffic Information not available which I researched as the Car 2 Car thing

The only thing that would get me clamoring for an update is number 3 in the list above!!  :grin:

I'm on 1666 and had the SOS OCU update and the Keyless entry fixed in September!
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 07 January 2022, 09:17 »
I'm at the point with mine that I'm not sure I'd update it. It does the following still,

• Still doesn't know the right speed limit on speed adaptive ACC (I just don't use it I can adjust speed myself)
  • The temperature Sync un-syncs it self every time I turn the car off (this really bugs me)
  • I get an occasional Traffic Information not available which I researched as the Car 2 Car thing

The only thing that would get me clamoring for an update is number 3 in the list above!!  :grin:

I'm on 1666 and had the SOS OCU update and the Keyless entry fixed in September!

#1 I think is fixed with 1668, but you might as well wait now.
#2 is only fixed with the forthcoming "big fix"
#3 is not a bug, its a feature - don't think this will ever get changed.
#4 Yeah thats just car2x having some sort of interference problem

On top of these problems, I've got:

#1 infotainment reboots pretty often
#2 sometimes no sound
#3 bluetooth doesn't connect to my phone when i get it (I've got a hack to fix that, but also opening and closing the driver's door does the same!)
#4 random bongs about things not working - adaptive lights, lane assist, parking sensors, exit warning - worse when its cold

*sigh*
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #15 on: 07 January 2022, 10:21 »

#1 I think is fixed with 1668, but you might as well wait now.
#2 is only fixed with the forthcoming "big fix"
#3 is not a bug, its a feature - don't think this will ever get changed.
#4 Yeah thats just car2x having some sort of interference problem

On top of these problems, I've got:

#1 infotainment reboots pretty often
#2 sometimes no sound
#3 bluetooth doesn't connect to my phone when i get it (I've got a hack to fix that, but also opening and closing the driver's door does the same!)
#4 random bongs about things not working - adaptive lights, lane assist, parking sensors, exit warning - worse when its cold

*sigh*

and yet still love our cars!!!  :grin:
« Last Edit: 07 January 2022, 11:44 by Foxy367 »
Previously

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 07 January 2022, 11:50 »
Yeah don't get me wrong, i have no issues with the "buttonless" concept, the looks of the car and definitely not how it drives - its superb, it really is.

I don't regret buying it at all - if anything I'm glad I got it when i did because the new car world has fallen apart since then!

I just wish the software problems could be resolved with a little more customer care and speed. I'd even be prepared to forgive the speed, its just lack of customer care.

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #17 on: 10 January 2022, 10:21 »
Yeah don't get me wrong, i have no issues with the "buttonless" concept, the looks of the car and definitely not how it drives - its superb, it really is.

I don't regret buying it at all - if anything I'm glad I got it when i did because the new car world has fallen apart since then!

I just wish the software problems could be resolved with a little more customer care and speed. I'd even be prepared to forgive the speed, its just lack of customer care.

Agreed, seeing the prices of new and used cars now is just mad!  :shocked:
Previously