Author Topic: Leaving the family!!  (Read 2304 times)

Offline GTI_for_her!

• Not said much yet
Leaving the family!!
« on: 04 January 2022, 20:33 »
Hi all, I don't say too much on here but I've read and enjoyed this forum since 2013.

Anyway my 2019 Mk7.5 Gti DSG Performance, exits stage left next week.
Its a great spec, Indium grey, 5 dr, 20K miles, 19 Brescia, Art Velour, DCC, Rear camera, 90% rear tints.
I love the car and at 2 and a half years its the longest I've owned a car but the rise in 2nd hand value has been working away at me for a while as I know its cant last.
Anyway, I paid £29.5K for it (£6k discount)and I'm getting £25.8k from a dealer via a Carwow advert having been up for sale for an hour and I'm happy with that. A part/ex was £25k and WBAC are currently £23.5k having been £27.5 2 months ago.

Prior to that the other half had a 2014 Mk7 Gti for 3 years then a 2017 GTD for 1 year. My brother had a Mk7 R for 4 years, his wife 2 GTD's and my parents a Golf GT. Safe to say the family we're Golf fans.

Unfortunately its come to an end with the Mk 8. The looks have grown on me but its the interior and increase in price that have turned me other ways. I was close to ordering a Mk8R but the issues on the forum and lead times finished that off.
I then ordered an S3 saloon in Sept but went off the interior so cancelled that in December.

I looked at nearly everything but nothing jumped out or felt better than my Golf.

Finally I became drawn to BMW again. The misses has a year old X3 M40i and although I don't want a big SUV its great to drive with a stunning engine. She had a diesel SQ5 before that which could also shift!!
Anyway, looked at both M340i and M340d's and have ended up with a Sept '71' ex demo M340d in the colour and spec I wanted. It's the devil's fuel but what an engine and she has the petrol version in any case.
It get's picked up next week.

Apologies for prattling on but I started typing and forgot to stop!!
So, as per the start of my message, I'll miss all the banter on here. Its all the usual names I see, some who really wind each other up, but nowhere will you see so many cheery people who go out of their way to assist each other and most of all, love their cars!!
Its goodbye for now, but who knows, I may return of the Mk9 still has an engine!!

PS. My car is fitted with some of the parts from GolfDave's 'how to's' (Rear Harmonic damper, Front/rear exhaust tunnel covers and full engine undertray) which I would remove if the appeal to anyone her.
BW50, Mk7 Gti, Tornado red, 5dr, manual, Adaptive chassis control, winter pack.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: Leaving the family!!
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2022, 20:42 »
Cheerio, hope you enjoy the BMW.  :smiley:

If it were me, and you could be bothered, I'd remove the bits you've fitted and sell them on here for a few extra £££..
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 04 January 2022, 20:44 »
Health to drive with the new car.

We have a G21 330d touring and they're an exceptional car so naturally the M340d will be much better and imo is the perfect 'All occasions' car. I hope you got Portimao Blue  :wink:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline CarbonGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 05 January 2022, 11:55 »
Sorry to see you leave the fold!  My current 2020 plate GTI PP DSG is almost identical spec to yours (but in Atlantic Blue) - I love it and am v happy to stick with it for the next couple of yrs - my thoughts on the Mk 8 Golf and the new S3 are v similar to yours - I will be looking elsewhere when the time comes I suspect.

My ideal two car £100k garage would be BMW 340d MSport Touring plus the best 6 cyl manual Boxster or Cayman I could afford.

Enjoy the new motor - it will be stunning I'm sure.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 06 January 2022, 09:47 »
GTI_for_her have you decided if your going to remove the bits and bobs you've fitted?

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline GTI_for_her!

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 08 January 2022, 22:15 »
Thanks for your replies chaps.
I'll no doubt miss the Gti as over the years I've had various Audi/BMW cars but always came back to a Gti as they do all I require but with an added bit of fun.
I didn't plan on selling it until at least the 4 year point but the current second hand valuations kept running around in my head and it has to drop sometime.
I happened to be looking through some txts today and saw the various figures I've obtained from WBAC.
In June 20 (1year old) it was valued at £20300, it peaked in Sept 21 at £27500 then dropped to £23500 in 3 weeks where it currently sits so the £25800 I'm getting for it is fine for me.
Its not all about the cash but in 6 months, at 3 years old I can see it dropping back near to where it was.

Madstaff - I'll remove the parts in the next couple of days as I have some free time and it's easy enough to do.
If you want them we could sort something out but the only issue may be that I'm in N/east Scotland and posting is just a hassle. Where are you based?
BW50, Mk7 Gti, Tornado red, 5dr, manual, Adaptive chassis control, winter pack.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 08 January 2022, 23:43 »
Probably a good time to sell. There is talk in the motor trade that prices will drop by the end of the year by some 15 to 20% as more new cars come into showrooms.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline JMS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2022, 22:54 »

Madstaff - I'll remove the parts in the next couple of days as I have some free time and it's easy enough to do.
If you want them we could sort something out but the only issue may be that I'm in N/east Scotland and posting is just a hassle. Where are you based?

Hi-

I’ll give you £30 for the harmonic damper & bolts if you can be bothered to post? (If madstaffs doesn’t reply)

I’m in Derby. Annoyingly I just drove back from north of Inverness last week.

Won’t be back that way before Easter at the earliest.

Hope you don’t get sellers remorse (unlikely if you are gaining a couple of cylinders)

Cheers,

James
Previous Dubs now sold:
- Manual Mk7 CSG PP, stg1, RS3 bushes, 26mm RARB & a lot of carnauba.
- DSG mkV R32, black with even more carnauba
- Manual Corrado VR6, dragon green
- Manual Polo G40 - Tornado red, Jabbasport ported charger
- Mk2 Big Bumper 8v GTI, Calypso blue

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2022, 23:20 »
James, help yourself to the damper if you want it.  :smiley:

Offline JMS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 13 January 2022, 07:57 »
James, help yourself to the damper if you want it.  :smiley:

Cheers - didn’t want to step on your toes!
Previous Dubs now sold:
- Manual Mk7 CSG PP, stg1, RS3 bushes, 26mm RARB & a lot of carnauba.
- DSG mkV R32, black with even more carnauba
- Manual Corrado VR6, dragon green
- Manual Polo G40 - Tornado red, Jabbasport ported charger
- Mk2 Big Bumper 8v GTI, Calypso blue