Author Topic: Extended warranty  (Read 1718 times)

Offline darrent

• Not said much yet
Re: Extended warranty
« Reply #10 on: 24 December 2021, 09:37 »
My car is 3 years old on the 28th of this month so taken out the VW extended warranty at £277.00. Its a no brainer to me and gives piece of mind should anything serious go wrong.
Can I ask why you didn't take out the All in at £400/year for 2 yrs? For an extra £123/year you would get a service each year, MOT and roadside assistance? Not having a go just wondering :smiley:

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 24 December 2021, 12:17 »
So here is my predicament. My car is not 3 until March 22 but it needs third service in Jan so it’s booked in.
I bought the 2 year service deal from VW recently so that the Jan service would be picked up.
But I would really like the big package deal on offer for cars 3 years and over.
I can’t wait until March to service the car so I’m kind of screwed on getting the big value package unless I
1) can cancel the 2 service package
2) but the 3 year old deal now
or pay full price for the Jan service and buy the package in March.
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Online Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 24 December 2021, 16:53 »
If you've only just bought a service plan but haven't used any of the services, you can just cancel. You'll lose all the payments made to date, but would probably still be better off with All-in depending on how many payments you have made.

If you need a service now, I would just speak to VWFS and see if there's anything they can do.
7.5 GTD

Offline darrent

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 10 January 2022, 18:21 »
So here is my predicament. My car is not 3 until March 22 but it needs third service in Jan so it’s booked in.
I bought the 2 year service deal from VW recently so that the Jan service would be picked up.
But I would really like the big package deal on offer for cars 3 years and over.
I can’t wait until March to service the car so I’m kind of screwed on getting the big value package unless I
1) can cancel the 2 service package
2) but the 3 year old deal now
or pay full price for the Jan service and buy the package in March.
Bit late reply but as you may have found out you can't take the All in out (nearly broke into song there :grin: ) until the car is 3yrs old so you'd have to wait until March to do it.